• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Paint got damaged today

  • Thread starter Thread starter san~man
  • Start date Start date Sep 22, 2006
S

san~man

O-G
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,546
3
78
A little grass shack on a big lava rock
Sep 22, 2006
#1
  • Sep 22, 2006
  • #1
Well, I was working for a construction company today and my car was parked in the construction lane out of traffic.

The crane operator was moving the crane down the street to lower a pipe into the pit the guys were working in. On the top of his operator's cabin was sorta a glass "sunroof," for lack of a better term. Basically, a pop up window to let air in. So, he's driving down the road with the sunroof open when I turn around to see some wires over his crane moving. Not thinking anything of it, I looked to make sure that he didn't pull down the wires, which he didn't. He stopped the crane where it was and that was the end of that.

About 10 minutes later I go back to my car to retrieve some papers when I see little "cubes" of glass on the ground. I thought, "****" someone busted my window or something but I checked my car and all the windows were fine. I look over my car and see a ****load of glass all over the hood, roof, windows and trunklid. Looking closer, I see that there are scratches all over from the glass.

I walk to where the crane stopped and find out that the sunroof caught some wires above that shattered the glass. The glass in turn fell on my car scratching the paint

What a day.
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
Sep 23, 2006
#2
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #2
we need pics, and not of the birdie
 

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
1,461
1
39
Baltimore, MD
Sep 23, 2006
#3
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #3
View attachment 438702
 
S

san~man

O-G
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,546
3
78
A little grass shack on a big lava rock
Sep 23, 2006
#4
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #4
It's really hard to see the damages. Lots of small nicks and scratches, and a ****load of glass "dust" all over the car.

If you weren't up close to the car, you wouldn't be able to tell.
 

CobraRed_96_GT

Active Member
May 20, 2006
1,421
4
39
UCSD/La Jolla
Sep 23, 2006
#5
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #5
san~man said:
It's really hard to see the damages. Lots of small nicks and scratches, and a ****load of glass "dust" all over the car.

If you weren't up close to the car, you wouldn't be able to tell.
Click to expand...
sometimes those are the worst. others might not see them unless they look, but you always can..plus they're hard to fix. I'd recomend a clear coat finish sealer that u can pick up from a detail shop w/ a micro cloth. Maybe some light buffing but make sure u know what ur doing w/ the buffer.
 
S

san~man

O-G
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,546
3
78
A little grass shack on a big lava rock
Sep 23, 2006
#6
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #6
CobraRed_96_GT said:
sometimes those are the worst. others might not see them unless they look, but you always can..plus they're hard to fix. I'd recomend a clear coat finish sealer that u can pick up from a detail shop w/ a micro cloth. Maybe some light buffing but make sure u know what ur doing w/ the buffer.
Click to expand...

Naw, unfortunately, the nicks are down to the metal. It can't be buffed, nor would I want to since it wasn't my fault.

They are already going to pay for the repair, it's just how much of the car actually needs and will get painted. I'm hoping they paint the entire car, since matching one side to the other is hard.
 
0

007

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
3,287
24
69
Broke
Sep 23, 2006
#7
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #7
Sucks, San. If you end up repainting the whole car are you going to change the color?
 
S

san~man

O-G
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,546
3
78
A little grass shack on a big lava rock
Sep 23, 2006
#8
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #8
007 said:
Sucks, San. If you end up repainting the whole car are you going to change the color?
Click to expand...

Nope, I love the black. I'll just make sure they put more clear on so that when I use the Menzerna I got a lot to work with

I hope that the body shop doesn't wig out and say they only have to paint one side. That'll be gay
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
Sep 23, 2006
#9
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #9
Tell them to paint the whole car, and pass the bill on
 
B

bluextc

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
99
1
0
South Jersey
Sep 23, 2006
#10
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #10

Sucks, glad they're agreeing to pay for the damage, tho.
 
P

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
1,379
1
0
Sep 24, 2006
#11
  • Sep 24, 2006
  • #11
That sucks San I am sorry to hear that.
I hope you know a reputable body shop.
Your car is awesome fix it.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
461
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
G
  • Poll Poll
I got a free Mustang from Grandma
  • GrannysMustang
  • Mar 4, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
14
Views
525
The Welcome Wagon Mar 6, 2026
Realmongo
G
Intro and FB questions
  • gflat65
  • Nov 16, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
254
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 25, 2025
horse sence
Sunroof Woes
  • TIGGER
  • Feb 24, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 3, 2025
Snakbytn1990
S
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?