Painted 99/00 spoiler? Anyone have pics?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Here's the deal.

I would like to get an 01+ wing on my car and paint it black to match the GT stripes on my hood.

This means obtaining the wing, painting it (myself), and drilling holes in the trunk...:( I'm a little weary about that last part, because I haven't even filled the holes where my spoiler was.

I've seen 1, and only 1 picture of a 99/00 wing painted black on a white car, and I THINK it looked good, but I was hoping someone has this picture and could post it up.

If it looks as good as I remember, I'll just repair (had to literally break the wing off of the car to get it off, stud broke inside the wing and nut was fused to it... had to dremel the stud in half after I broke the wing away from it, minimal damage).

I don't like being wingless as much as I did the first time for some reason.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I think 03/04 Cobra spoilers, & wingless looks the best on new edge cars. 99/00 spoilers look good too, but IMO they look better painted the same color as the car.

I still have my stock mach 1 wing, which is a 01+ wing already painted satin black. It has slight damage to the mounting points on the passenger side from when my car was rear ended, but I don't think any of the damage is visible. If you want, u can have it FREE... PM me for details.

Here are the pics I took from the day of the accident...:(

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

WOW, Dustin, that is really freakin cool of you man!!!!!

and when was ur car re ended? i dont ever remember that.

Thanks. The spoiler has been sitting since 2007, so I have no need for it. My car got hit on 3/20/07 by an Econoline van. Amazingly enough, the damage was not bad. This is why my car has a Terminator spoiler & mirrors on it today. Never really was a fan of the stock Mach wing....

Here is the old thread...
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/691574-some-dumb-ss-rear-ended-my-mach-1-today.html