• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Painting my garage floor (PICS) PART 1

  • Thread starter Thread starter FivePointStang
  • Start date Start date Sep 18, 2006

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
147
0
17
Springfield, OH
Sep 18, 2006
#1
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #1
I finally decided to do something about my garage floor. And after looking at the interlocking tiles, I decided that painting the black/white checkerboard would be cheaper and give me something to do. So heres a few pics that I took a week or so ago, I should have the entire garage done in another week or so. And stay tuned because I added a little flair as of recent (more pics to follow)





View attachment 439598


View attachment 439604
 

Attachments

  • IMGA0653.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMGA0652.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMGA0651.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMGA0650.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMGA0648.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGA0646.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 145
B

bluextc

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
99
1
0
South Jersey
Sep 18, 2006
#2
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #2
Looks good. Wish my garage was that big.
 

BennyBlown2v

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,233
1
0
Carmel, INdiana
Sep 18, 2006
#3
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #3
Cool. Why do you have a barbers chair? lol...and a soldier cutout?
 

Maza4ever14

New Member
Apr 27, 2005
187
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Sep 18, 2006
#4
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #4
lol...whats up with that kid stuck in the corner

thats one time out i would never ever want...couldnt even move around
 
R

Rocketman

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
730
0
0
SoCal
Sep 18, 2006
#5
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #5
Looks good!
 

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
3,464
1
69
Syracuse, NY
Sep 18, 2006
#6
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #6
sweet
 
8

89lxsport50

10 Year Member
Feb 25, 2003
550
5
39
Franklin Tennessee
Sep 18, 2006
#7
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #7
I thought you painted yourself into the corner there for a minute.
 

DTNODYA

Member
Dec 15, 2005
831
1
16
Sep 18, 2006
#8
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #8
I clicked this thread just ready to hate! However, it looks good.

What are you painting it with? Curious because my Dad's garage floor is looking kinda like arse.
 

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
416
0
0
Westville,IL
Sep 18, 2006
#9
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #9
Looks good! I've been wanting to do something with my garage floor for a while now.
 
S

Saleen4971

New Member
Mar 26, 2003
664
0
0
Setauket, LI
Sep 18, 2006
#10
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #10
looks good. what kind of paint is it? i used dryloc on mine and it looks liek complete crap now. i was loking into the epoxycoat, but it takes a week to totally cure!!!!
 

94GTStang

Founding Member
Oct 26, 2001
1,631
0
36
Oklahoma City
Sep 18, 2006
#11
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #11
kick ass looking!
 
J

JimC

Member
Dec 1, 2002
170
0
17
Duluth GA
Sep 18, 2006
#12
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #12
Outstanding site for garage construction ideas. Lots of pics

http://www.garagejournal.com/
 

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
147
0
17
Springfield, OH
Sep 18, 2006
#13
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #13
Saleen4971 said:
looks good. what kind of paint is it? i used dryloc on mine and it looks liek complete crap now. i was loking into the epoxycoat, but it takes a week to totally cure!!!!
Click to expand...
I used BEHR brand garage floor paint from HOME DEPOT. Once I finish all of the garage, I am going to put a wet look sealer on it. Hopefully, that will be soon.

Pics to come soon!
 

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
147
0
17
Springfield, OH
Sep 18, 2006
#14
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #14
BennyBlown2v said:
Cool. Why do you have a barbers chair? lol...and a soldier cutout?
Click to expand...

The barbers chairs I got at a garage sale, I am in the process of repainting them too, one project at a time, hahaha....
 
W

WOT

Founding Member
Nov 26, 2000
2,817
0
46
Regina, Canada
Sep 18, 2006
#15
  • Sep 18, 2006
  • #15
I am in the middle of epoxy coating mine right now.

I was plannig to do that but decided I need my garage more then waiting for paint to dry.
 

newstangman

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
81
1
0
Long Island, NY
Sep 20, 2006
#16
  • Sep 20, 2006
  • #16
How did you get the edges so straight? Masking tape? Must have been very time consuming, but looks great!
 

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
147
0
17
Springfield, OH
Sep 23, 2006
#17
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #17
newstangman said:
How did you get the edges so straight? Masking tape? Must have been very time consuming, but looks great!
Click to expand...

First, I decided that I wanted 2.5 ft squares and then marked off along the walls. I used my laser beam level to make sure the lines were straight and that I was getting SQUARE squares. Then I used a 2x4 to trace the lines with a marker.

After I had the whole garage marked off I just went to town, starting with my black squares. I tried everything from an edger to masking tape, to painters tape, but the lines would just not be fine enough because the tape wouldnt bond properly to the concrete. So I did it the old fashioned way of edging with a steady hand.

Still working on finishing...................

PICS TO COME
 

XxMustang281xX

Member
Jun 9, 2004
194
0
17
Everett, PA
Sep 23, 2006
#18
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #18
thats exactly what im doing when i get mine built hopefully this coming spring.
 

ToplessStang

Member
Mar 7, 2004
591
0
17
Montreal, Canada
Sep 23, 2006
#19
  • Sep 23, 2006
  • #19
Looks GREAT !!!!! Hurry with those pics, I want to see the finished product .
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
sad day
  • davecobra2
  • Jul 13, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
239
What is it Worth?!?!? Jul 22, 2026
davecobra2
D
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
807
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
401
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
604
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 4:56 PM
squeak93
Paint and Body Painting again
  • Blue85
  • Jun 28, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
207
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 29, 2025
Blue85
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?