PATS/alarm problem

Cosfoortti

Oct 2, 2019
Finland
Hi

A fellow Mustang fan from Finland in need of a little help here.

I know the subject has been handled in many threads before but after scrolling for a while I didn't find anything completely matching my case.

So earlier today my wife called that the horn started yelling by itself when the car was standing on the yard.
She asked the neighbour to disconnect the battery until I got home.

Once I got home I started investigating and noticed that every time a while after the battery was reconnected the alarm went of making the horn ring and lights flash at the same pace.

Also noticed that the PATS box was clicking in the trunk.

It is really weird because the doors were not even locked at the time.

I know that unlocking the doors by using the unlock button sometimes triggers the alarm. So there definately is an existing problem with the microswitches.
I don't have a remote so I always use the keys to lock/unlock.

Also felt weird that when I had the driver door open and the alarm went of the open door signal also started ringing and the dashboard clock when on and of

Sometimes there was also clearly some breaks in contact and the alarm kept going on and off.

Could the problem be in the door switches even if the doors are not locked-> alarm should not even be active.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for sn95 mustang or at least the PATS wiring so I could start ruling out the possible causes?

I didn't even realise that the PATS system includes an alarm too instead of just preventing to start the car.

The car has an aftermarket (clifford I think) alarm system but it has been disconnected completely and it also has a separate horn so I'm pretty sure it is not the one acting up now.

The car has an aftermarket (Vipec) standalone ecu so it still runs even when the alarm goes of so basically it wouldn't matter if the whole PATS system would be deactivated.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)