PCV filter fitment issues

I have a 1995 GT and has been having rough idle especially at a stop light and would try to stall if i don't give it gas. I seen something to where the pcv valve can cause issues for a rough idle. Well when i checked i had discovered the previous owners had completely plugged the entire pcv system. I am currently installing the pcv system i bought from CJ Pony parts and i have issues getting the Pcv screen filter to fit into the hole where the pcv valve goes into. I have an aftermarket intake (Edelbrock Performer 3820) and ive already talked to them about it and they referred me to a ford racing garage in Illinois and they said they never heard of any issues that i am having. Is there another way to fit the pcv filter in or is it possible that im using the wrong size.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the responses guys, I just got some more input from Edelbrock and Anderson Motorsports and they recommended me to take my intake to a machine shop to redrill the hole for the pcv as it has been tapped. Hopefully this will solve my fitment issues. Soon hopefully my Stang will be done and fixed up the right way from what the previous owners have done

That's craziness right there. You can get all that stuff from the local parts store. No need to buy a stupid kit. Just go to the parts guy, ask for a PCV valve, PCV filter, and a PCV grommet. If it doesn't fit, then return it. Edelbrock has been making that intake for 30 years. I find it hard to believe that a stock PCV screen won't fit. It's more likely to be a brand problem.

Kurt

I had to take my intake to a machine shop as it appears that the pcv hole was not drilled all the way through along with the 2 holes for baffle plate. Unfortunately the intake came with the car and I've had it for 5 years now so i probably couldn't return it to Edelbrock.