Paint and Body PDR guys .... what do you think.

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
My paint/body is nowhere near perfect, or show quality. But this dent in the passenger door drives me nuts. Probably because when working in the garage, its always right in my face.
Is this something a PDR guy can fix and make look right, or should I just leave it?
9247B261-10AE-4FDE-A343-C35C447E4500.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

My friend had about 20 dents in his rear quarter from the previous owners negligence. A PDR guy came out, and that rear quarter now looks factory perfect. I am sure a good PDR guy can handle that.

Reactions: 1 users
You might have to zoom to see, but the circled area had not been done, but everything to the rear of that was done. From the circle back to the tail light looked just like the circled area before he did his magic.
20211226_181044.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Nice looking car Rdub6
Finding the best dent remover in town will be your hardest feat
The fact that there is a crease in the fender where the dent is makes it very difficult
Impossible really without paint
So find the best dent man you can afford and see how well he does
The dealers all have a dent man or two so ask around

If you want a good dent man call the service department of the closest Carmax and ask who they use. We use Dent Masters here in VA. They do good work and PDR a lot of cars.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I have a guy thats been doing it for 30 years, he has done some amazing things for me. Im far from an expert, but there is a similar dent in the door of one of our sons cars, and he told me that the metal was too stretched to be able to work it back into place. I personally would absolutely have it looked at. Experience is key when it comes to PDR.

Reactions: 2 users
When i had my saleen explorer, it was lightly dinged and dented all over from it's years of daily use.
Paid one guy $250 and i swear you would have thought he was a magician.
Took out 5 dings, 2 of which were pretty bad, one that i stared at for the entire time i owned it (i would have called it a crease).
He had a shop, so people don't get to see how he does it, but who cares, i should have spent that 250 bucks long before i sold it.