Performance Flywheel

• Sponsors (?)

When I lived in Baltimore my machine shop guy turned my stock flywheel and
turned it down a few thousandths where the clutch plate bolted up. At the time he said it was a racecar trick to up the clutch pressure. Seemed to work - that clutch held for years on slicks with no problems. I wasn't making a whole lot of power then either, but it did make a difference in feel.

Has anyone else heard of this ? It still doesn't make much sense to me...that was 20 years ago.

Bull:poo:! Everything Fidanza I have seen so far had 'CHINA' clearly stamped in it. Maybe they they put the Chinese pressure plate in the box in Ohio, or maybe the even go as far as to apply a brand specific spray paint there. I spent enough years in the auto parts business to understand how this really works.

I'm pretty sure you have them confused with Edelbrock lol

When I lived in Baltimore my machine shop guy turned my stock flywheel and
turned it down a few thousandths where the clutch plate bolted up. At the time he said it was a racecar trick to up the clutch pressure. Seemed to work - that clutch held for years on slicks with no problems. I wasn't making a whole lot of power then either, but it did make a difference in feel.

Has anyone else heard of this ? It still doesn't make much sense to me...that was 20 years ago.

I've heard of it. Not many people do it anymore because you can pretty much get a pressure plate in any clamping force you need now.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user