IMG_0045.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37
I guess I’m not sure what the issue is. Are you wanting to install the Pertonixs kit that fits inside the stock distributor or the Pertronixs distributor, like this one:

PerTronix D130700 Flame-Thrower Plug and Play Vacuum Advance Black Cap Billet Electronic Distributor with Ignitor II Technology for Ford Small Block, Black and Silver https://a.co/d/4KvpNEJ

Or this kind:

Or, one of those point replacement kits?

If you want to install the HEI type, the stock air cleaner will have to go. There are lots of aftermarket air cleaners, most will not replicate the stock connections, if that is important to you.

The stock looking replacement looks like it will fit under the stock air cleaner, if you use those 90 degree plug wires.

Not sure if I helped, but hood luck.

PS, got what it’s worth, I’m not a fan of the HEI distributors, had both on Gords s as bd Chevys, and had problems with both. Just my 2 cents.

The PerTronix D1352 is along the lines of what I'm interested in. It sticks up higher than the stock one, so the carb cleaner cover will need to be replaced. Just looking for what others have used. What model did you have problems with and what were they, if you don't mind my asking.

Can I ask why you want to change to that type of distributor? Among folks I know, a HEI is not a highly recommended type. If you’re looking for more reliability than stock, the points replacement system from Pertronixs is certainly less expensive and allows you to keep the stock look and is more reliable than stock points/condensor.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I ask why you want to change to that type of distributor? Among folks I know, a HEI is not a highly recommended type. If you’re looking for more reliability than stock, the points replacement system from Pertronixs is certainly less expensive and allows you to keep the stock look and is more reliable than stock points/condensor.
Correct.
The HEI style distributor is a a 49 year old GM design.
Lots of better choices out there.
Just switch the stock dist. to a Pertronix kit.
It will still look stock, but offer modern electronic ignition performance.

Reactions: 1 user