Electrical Photo of convt. rear window switch plug needed.

firefyteremt

Jun 3, 2019
NE Conn
Hi everyone, I am working on the wiring to my 1988 GT Convertible. Does anyone have a photo of the back of the rear quarter power window switches? The electrical diagrams do not show where the wires go on the switch itself, and a photo would really save me time trying to figure out where everything goes by trying to figure out the switch using a DVM and the wiring diagrams. Just one side would help, but both sides would be great. I need to know where the wires go on each pin of the switch because the plugs fell apart and both sides had the wires just floating behind the quarter trim.

This would be very helpful if you have it. Maybe if you have one with the white cover off the back of the switch?

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you! Here are a few photos of what I am looking to sort out. All of the wires fell out of the plug because that white cover fell off and allowed them to fall out of the plug body. A photo of where the wires go under that white cover would be perfect. As you can see, there are only 5 wires, but 6 pins. However the bottom left and upper right on the switch is bridged.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 84

It may be a long shot... but I believe SAS used older window switches when the converted the car to be a drop top. LMR has the switch style listed for the 79 to 86 Mustang, and the switch is the older looking design as well. Maybe a passenger side plug from an older one would be the same?