Pic of new timeslip with MT ET Streets

Hi All. Attached, is my best time slip with my new Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. I am car #4. My best 60ft is 1.8692 :(.

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Sponsors (?)

try launching at a slightly lower rpm so the tires spin a lil less, i think that would help your 60ft also...but i do agree with above posted statement that you have lower times possible based on that weight and the mph...just get that traction solved :nice:

jim

I have eibach Pro-kit springs w/ KYB GR2 shocks. Not really set-up for drag racing. I did have the front sway bar removed. I dumped the clutch on every run. I was thinking that maybe I should have sliped the clutch or let it out instead of side-stepping? Maybe it would have helped? I did launch at 3500k and it not get any spin but the car bogged and I had a 2.0 sixty foot.

It is a trial and error thing. You don't want to spin the tires too much but you want to stay away from the bog aswell. I would suggest that you play with launch rpm. You have 1500 rpm there to play with between 3500 and 5000rpm. You might find a sweet spot there. Your suspension does hurt you a bit but I was able to get a 1.6 with KYB gas struts and shocks and Ford Motor Sport C springs.

I went through the traps at 5400rpms. I shift at 6000k. How do I know how much more gear I can go with without over revving in fourth? I would guess I could go with 3.73? But is 4.10 too much?

I go through in 4th and I have 3.73's. My rpm is around 5600RPM at 116MPH. I would say you could go 4.10 if you wanted to. I really like 3.73's and a 5 spd.

If you want to improve your track times, 4.10's are the ticket for you. Maybe even 4.30. I went from 3.73's to 4.30's becvause thats what my combo needed. Drives fine on the street and mileage was uneffected. Its a weekend toy so it didn't matter if mileage was effected though.

You should be going through the traps 6,000+ with that combo.