picked up my first mustang

bamajason

Jan 25, 2010
alabama
i just got home from picking up my first mustang. its an 1990 lx hatch 5.0 5 speed. it is crystal blue. the body is in almost perfect shape. needs paint but no body work at all. no rust anywhere that i could see. tq boxes look in perfect shape. the car does have a sqeak in the front in. its when you turn the wheel. but it drives great.
theres a few mods but nothing much.
shorty headers
ss exhaust from headers back
highflow cats
flowmasters
monster autometer tach

and i think it might have some lower gears - reason being is the mph gauage is of by 10-12 mph. i guess i will pull the cover off and see whats in there. the only why i know how to do it.

and i believe theres an short shifter in it to.
also has and cowl hood on it.

the motor dosen't smoke and sounds good.

i get pics of it up this weekend.

• Sponsors (?)

for the gears, mark the driveshaft and rotate the wheel.

2.73 driveshaft turns is equal to 2:73 gears, ect.

just need to rotate the wheel one full rotation.

thanks i do that saturday if the rains stops. i can't even drive it cause the rain started.lol

I had a crystal blue 1990....it's a fairly uncommon color. Lets see pics!

i get pics up this weekend. i do like the color. it does need paint. its faded bad on the hood and fenders. and some of the clear coat is peeling. but thats no big thing.
oh and the inside is black. and the only place thats bad on the inside is the driver door panel has a small 2 inch tear in it.

hmmmmm. looking for the worthless without pics gif. where did i put that....?

i will get those pics when this dang rain stops. sorry

Congratulations and have fun with her. As for the squeak it may be a ball joint or outer tie rod end.

well i was wanting to replace all the front end anyways. being a 20 year old car they are going to be bad.