piecing together a vortech

tstang21

Apr 14, 2008
im about to buy a vortech v-1 head unit for a reasonable price. i understand that i need a sn95 bracket but i heard the fox bracket can work but with a bit of fabricating. im looking at 7-8psi daily/ 330rwhp-lbs ft ?

a bit about my car. i had for year 1 1/2. 98k. compression is fine last time i checked. 170-160 psi range. i never redlined except for once. i baby it despite having 3:73s. no smoke coming out of tailpipes. no leaks. routine oil change/tune up.

• Sponsors (?)

You're honestly better off purchasing a complete kit, unless you're really getting a once in a lifetime deal on the head unit. You need the 94-95 specific parts. The bracket assembly, water pump pulley, crank pulley, intake and discharge assemblies, bypass valve, T-Rex pump (or 255lph in tank), FMU or larger injectors, belt, and that's just what I remember off the top of my head. I might have saved $50, by piecing my kit together instead of buying it complete.

im getting a great deal on the head unit. the kits itself runs pretty high in price. im on a budget. all i need is the bracket. you dont have to change the pulleys. i know someone that pieced together thier own with seperate and spent under a $1,000. the car runs great whether & still holding up. its about where you buy and how you look. im not going to do the install myself. a friend of mine is going to do it and he works on turbo/ s/c all day.