• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

pillar pods

  • Thread starter Thread starter war69
  • Start date Start date May 30, 2005
W

war69

New Member
Jan 10, 2004
90
0
0
Wisconsin
May 30, 2005
#1
  • May 30, 2005
  • #1
I am buying a k/b 7psi this week. I am wondering what you all are using for pillar pods.I would just like to use 1 gauge.What would be the most important gauge.Boost or air fuel or are any needed.The other problum is i have tan interior and all i can find is black and it would really clash.
 
W

war69

New Member
Jan 10, 2004
90
0
0
Wisconsin
May 30, 2005
#2
  • May 30, 2005
  • #2
Anyone.I would like to order something so i have everything i need during instilation.
 

dsg_gt2004

New Member
Mar 23, 2004
423
0
0
Georgetown,SC
May 30, 2005
#3
  • May 30, 2005
  • #3
war69 said:
Anyone.I would like to order something so i have everything i need during instilation.
Click to expand...
just paint the piece using the same color dye as your interior(i think 50resto.com has them)

I would suggest getting a fuel pressure gauge, i have heard that is one of the most important ones to obtain
 

sgarlic

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2001
3,085
1
56
May 30, 2005
#4
  • May 30, 2005
  • #4
I agree with getting a fuel pressure gauge if you only want one. Boost would probably be recommended too, just to ensure that you're putting out full boost once you're up and running again, but it's your choice, obviously.
 

lightblade

Member
Aug 7, 2004
366
0
17
May 31, 2005
#5
  • May 31, 2005
  • #5
you need at least fuel pressure and boost, maybe even air to fuel ratio, check here they sure have what u need http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8gaugea.htm
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8gauge.htm
 
0

02mingreyconv

New Member
Sep 27, 2003
127
0
0
Bartlett, IL
May 31, 2005
#6
  • May 31, 2005
  • #6
war69 said:
I am buying a k/b 7psi this week. I am wondering what you all are using for pillar pods.I would just like to use 1 gauge.What would be the most important gauge.Boost or air fuel or are any needed.The other problum is i have tan interior and all i can find is black and it would really clash.
Click to expand...

Most people will say that you need a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. I do not agree. Yes, it is nice to know your boost and it is nice to see that you get the right fuel pressure, but it is not necessary. If you only want 1 gauge then I would go with a wideband AF gauge and invest in a datalogging device that will log your fuel pressure and boost levels.

Now I went the other route and got all 3 gauges and a datalogger. It is more for appearence reasons than performance reasons.

Check the link above for the instrument clusters etc. They are good.

Do not buy the KB gauges. They look cheap. Go with a set of autometer gauges if you want the boost & FP. Do NOT get an AF gauge unless it is a wideband... they are only good for a neat light show.

Joe
 
R

realstreetgt

New Member
Mar 7, 2004
28
0
1
Lancaster county PA
May 31, 2005
#7
  • May 31, 2005
  • #7
02mingreyconv said:
Most people will say that you need a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. I do not agree. Yes, it is nice to know your boost and it is nice to see that you get the right fuel pressure, but it is not necessary. If you only want 1 gauge then I would go with a wideband AF gauge and invest in a datalogging device that will log your fuel pressure and boost levels.

Now I went the other route and got all 3 gauges and a datalogger. It is more for appearence reasons than performance reasons.

Check the link above for the instrument clusters etc. They are good.

Do not buy the KB gauges. They look cheap. Go with a set of autometer gauges if you want the boost & FP. Do NOT get an AF gauge unless it is a wideband... they are only good for a neat light show.

Joe
Click to expand...

I agree except for :
"If you only want 1 gauge then I would go with a wideband AF gauge and invest in a datalogging device that will log your fuel pressure and boost levels."
The wideband is the most important IMO also but it is not an acurate repalcement for a real mechanical FP gauge, dataloging is only going off the voltage at the FP sensor on the rail, and we all know how acurate fords gauges and sensors are. I just cant see why not get a 3 gauge full piller pod and put the three in there. This is what i did except for the boost gauge I have my nitrous gauge. And with tan interior also just painted it with the new plastic paint from VHT..
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

U
Midrange pods for a pillar?
  • urthecap
  • Sep 17, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
0
Views
84
Mustang Sound & Shine All Sep 17, 2026
urthecap
U
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
202
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
456
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
Fox Xtremely high fuel consumption
  • PonyGTrider
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 9 10 11
Replies
213
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
PonyGTrider
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?