Place in Jacksonville for Convertible Top Replacement

gimpster

May 17, 2005
Does anyone have any recommendations on a shop in Jacksonville, FL, for convertible top replacement - one that does quality work with quality materials at a price that is fair to both the installer and the customer? I've seen Craigslist ads for $745 installed with defroster glass and that sounds just a little too good to be true. Two local shops here in south GA that I've used before (and been slightly less than satisfied each time) quoted me $1,450 installed and I'm willing to pay that; I just want better quality work than I've received locally.

Any Stangers in Jacksonville with a good recommendation?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure what all he gets into..But I know this guy named Ronnie Gray of Gray's Auto Interiors does some street rod stuff and Is very Reasonable.
My dad highly recommends him to me.

Gray's Auto Interiors

* (904) 778-1887

6041 Bartholf Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32210

Also..maybe try :
Terry Brothers Auto Trim,
Terry Bros Custom Auto Trim, Inc
55 W 8th Street
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233-3411
These guys worked out of a Shop near where I used to work a long time ago..Great Guys..VERY good at custom stuff as well.
Phone:
(904) 241-5040

Good Luck... Kyle P.

Somewhat off topic: (I hope you don't mind)
We're thinking of moving to Jacksonville or St Augustine in a couple of years.
When/If we do I'll be starting a mustang based business there. Is there much of a Muscle car community in Jacksonville and surrounding areas?
What are the best areas to live?

Good luck finding the new top.

There are a Lot of Cruise ins and get together' s this time of year.
As far as the best places to live..I dunno.There are good and bad places everywhere here mixed together.I live in the Mandarin area which is pretty nice though..been here 35+ years :) .

The First Coast Car Council runs a lot of the Cruise ins and Some Show here..you might look at their website to get an Idea what goes on here.Good Luck with the business..We could use another Mustang Based one here.:nice:

Top Guy in Jax.

A guy that has done a few tops for me ( a Miata, a 93 Mustang GT, and an 86 Mustang GT) is T & D Mobile tops on Blanding blvd in the Ortega area of Jax. The last Mustang top he did for me, a few years ago was $650.00 for a standard Electron top with a standard glass rear window. You can give him a call and see what he gets now. 904-779-1213. Good luck.

Rick