PLEASE HELP 2010 GT losing power.

CarlosGT2010

Oct 11, 2018
Usa
Hello everybody, I started noticing a loss of power when i accelerate, I was going about 80mph in 5th gear and tried to pass another car, when I hit the gas I noticed a very significant loss of power, after a few seconds I get the power back. If I downshift into 4th gear It accelerates fine, I shifted back into 5th but i seemed to lose alot of power again(note the car loses power like this in any gear when rpms are around 2.5k or less) NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS OR HAS TURNED ON. I replaced my spark plugs and the problem remained. Two days later I was coming back from work I downshifted into 2 gear and as I turned I realized my car had stalled. I tried turning it back on and it would not turn on. I let it sit for about an HR and car turned back on. As I let it sit I could tell it wasn't running as it normally did, I put into 1st gear and drove it with almost no power and car feeling like it would turn off, when u finally left off the gas the car turned off, I noticed the car remained on if I hit the gas but turned off when I let go. I have now replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and problem persists. Any ideas would help me a lot. Thanks in advance
-Carlos

• Sponsors (?)

Did the FP Prime OK when it didn’t start for that 1 Hr period?
Clean out your MAF Sensor with some CRC MAF Cleaner.
Clean out/change your Air Filter, clean out your CAI, and in and around the Butterflies with TB Cleaner.
Have you recently bought Fuel from a spot you don’t normally frequent?
Check the Fuel Pump System output, verify the repair you did was successful. Have a Gauge on the Fuel Rail? You can do this with a Scantool
(Check PSI).
Check for intermittent connections on the Inerta Switch, swap out the FP Relay.
Hook up a Scantool, look for Codes, issues with no CEL’s are common. Connect &. View
the scanner with engine running for any sensor values) that are “pegged” and not correcting, I.e. your o2 Sensors, Fuel Trim, etc..do a Drive cycle Datalog, review the recorded results.
Have a buddy hit the Throttle inside the Car and hold it at a few various RPM’s & snap it open to confirm your DBW is opening the TB Butterflies per the Pedal effort.
Check the output Voltage of, and connections within, your Charging System, Alternator, Battery, Cables.
Are you running an aftermarket Tune, or many bolt-ons?