Please help, a noob needs help with another exhaust question!

tuncuf

Mar 5, 2020
Cypress, Texas
Hello, glad to be part of this community. I am looking for guidance on the right axle back exhaust upgrade for my daughters 2012 V6 mustang. She says she wants to upgrade the exhaust to be more like my V8 2017 Charger Daytona, I told her while it wont sound like the Charger we can certainly make it sound better! What we want is a recommendation for an exhaust upgrade that will give it more rumble at idle and have a muscle car sound upon acceleration but not be obnoxiously loud. We are looking for something in the mid tier price range $350-500...any guidance would be very appreciated. Thanks so much for your input!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think a V6 will be obnoxiously loud regardless of the exhaust you put on.

My suggestion is to start looking at Roush exhausts. They make great stuff and their exhausts sound phenomenal. They're also quite affordable. Other brands like Borla or Corsa are more expensive.

+1 on Roush. I saw some videos on the 2011-2014 V6 Mustangs running Roush ABs and I was pretty impressed with how they sounded on the V6.

Said this before. If the car v6 is not modded, no header, no xpipe then the cat back will be mild all of the time.

MY Exhaust Build is JBL header (Shorty), custom X-pipe, and American Thunder Flowmasters (Dual Set Up) is TOO Loud for a V6. I know that I have a Convertible but yes they can be louder than you want them to be.