• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Engine Please Help As Soon As Possible

  • Thread starter Thread starter jordan h
  • Start date Start date Jul 3, 2015
J

jordan h

New Member
Jul 3, 2015
1
0
1
Jul 3, 2015
#1
  • Jul 3, 2015
  • #1
I need some advice on my 2000 mustang GT a couple weeks ago it was running good I had no issues with it I parked it and when I went to start it up the next day the motor started making a noise on the top end out of nowhere since it was my only ride to work I had to keep driving it the noise kept getting louder and I noticed it was shooting oil out the exhaust. the oil pressure gauge kept shooting up and down and I tried putting more oil in it but that got nowhere so I parked it. I just pulled the engine out yesterday and stripped it I see nothing wrong the car only had 30,000 miles on it. all the cams were in good shape and tight as they should be. all the pistons and rings look brand new besides a little carbon, everything looks brand new I did notice some scrapings on the oil pump can anyone help me diagnose what it needs this is my first time doing a rebuild
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Jul 3, 2015
#2
  • Jul 3, 2015
  • #2
pictures please.
 

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
1,135
64
69
Jul 4, 2015
#3
  • Jul 4, 2015
  • #3
Yea pictures would help.
 

Hardtop68

Founding Member
Aug 23, 1999
193
1
16
Wherever they need me
Aug 23, 2015
#4
  • Aug 23, 2015
  • #4
Probably bogus
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
585
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
485
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
B
Help! Fox with idle issues
  • bbarton
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
219
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
460
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
67
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?