Please Help Flashing Check Engine Light At Speeds Over 80mph.

Nokiashorty

Apr 6, 2017
Hello all

I'm having this issue with my 2007 V6 Mustang. As I'm driving on the highway when I drive over 80mphs my car begins to putter and my check engine light(yellow) begins to flash. When this happens I've been letting go off the gas for 15-20 secs or so and the light goes off and I have accelerating power again.

While this happens if I try accelerating the car just putters and it feels like it has no power.

Here's what I've done on it already:
-new coil pack
-new spark plugs
-new spark plugs wire
-new air filter
-fuel injection cleaning

Also a week before this started happening I had a new harmonic balancer installed.

The original problem for getting the new coil pack, spark plugs, and wires was that I had a check engine light go on but not flash. I was having a misfire on cylinder 3 and 4.

After getting that's fixed is when I started having this puttering and light flashing.

Any ideas??

Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

When a check engine light flashes, it indicated a serious misfire issue. It's usually a sign to stop doing what you are doing or you could seriously damage the engine.

So main question is why are you misfiring badly?

I assume you have a previous code on cylinder 3 and 4 prompting you to address the ignition components there? If you run the codes now, do you see any pending codes for the same cylinder?