Please help I need to fix ASAP

90VertGT

Founding Member
Jul 29, 2001
159
0
0
MA
Hi guys,

My car had a Walbro340 put in it about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday my car started doing funny things and I am lost. When I start it up the idle bounces up and down and then dies. When I put it in gear it does the same. The car is fine while driving but once I let the RPMs get around 1500 or lower it starts hesitating and when I brake it stalls. Any idea what this could be? I don't even know where to start. TIA.
 
generally a vac leak will make the car idle higher, not lower. also the idle will return slowly from higher rpms.

a stockish motor should pull 15-20" at idle.

have you pulled codes yet? even if the CEL is not on, a code could be in the KAM. could be anything from the IAC or TPS being out of whack to a leaky EGR valve.

good luck.