Please Help! Suggestions Appreciated!!

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
My first question is what fuel pump would you recommend for a 347 with trick flow heads, crane cam, and trick flow intake with 30 lbs injectors with calibrated mass air meter. I think if I replace the fuel pump and relay, the relay is inexpensive, and the fuel pump should probably be replaced anyways. It is likely that codes Engine Off 96, Engine On 41 and 91 with a new fuel pump and relay.

I am getting code 21 - ECT sensor out of range, because my ECT on the coolant tube was in the way of my adjustable fuel pressure regulator, I used a coolant bung on the back of the intake, that is why the ECT sensor is out of range, so I am thinking of getting either an elbow to make it work on the coolant tube, or do you think there is anything else I could do about this. Please note the engine was not warmed right up before running the engine on test. Which Could affect this code, so next time I run the Engine On Test I will warm the engine up first.

Code 13, I will take off the IAC motor and clean it and have an extra that I can try as well.

I have a fuel leak which could be causing issues which I am going to sort out before buying anything, it is near the injectors and can see fuel pooling, after I try to fix it I will recheck the codes once the engine is warm to see if any disappear. I have found these TMD fuel rails an absolute nightmare and would not recommend them even though I am going to make it work. For one the 4 triangle mount brackets they give you to mount to the intake are not adjustable enough, I think the fuel rail could be pushed down more, making the fuel rail, injector and lower intake fit together. Rather than having to rip everything apart again, if I just take the upper intake off is there anything I can do to fix possible leaks other than just tightening it down more, another problem with them is that the regulator is right in the way of where the ECT sensor goes into the Coolant tube, which is the reason for code 21. What a pain! But at least my lower intake is sealed and I no longer have water/coolant in my oil! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)