Please help with recharging AC (I have searched)

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
Like I said I have searched but only came up on people that had leaks and stuff but nobody really said how they did it. I have put a new motor in my car and the people who installed my motor drained all my freon. So I don't have leaks I just need to put more back in. I know that you have to stick the gauge tool over the tip on the driver side but do you have to press down the one on the pass. side as well? I put the freon in and at the same time I pressed the pass. side tip in and of course air came out but I don't know if you are suppose to do that the whole time you are putting the new freon in or what. So please help me I am not a newb but I just have never done anything with the A/C before. Thanks for any help in advance.
Lou

• Sponsors (?)

If the comperser turns. your supose to turn on your car, turn it to the Max A/C setting. And connect the hose with R-134. But it wont turn without any freon, in there. Or at least mine doesn't.

You need to pull a vac on the system first. Then let the vac hold for 30 mins or so. At that point, you can charge.

Guero is right about the need to jump the LPCS if you are doing this on an already evacuated system. Use the jumper sparingly.

Good luck.

Ok thanks for repling so quickly but what the heck are yall talking about? LPCS what is that? I saw someone talking about that thing in another thread that I searched but I didn't understand were it was and what I was suppose to do. But you are saying that I only need to tap the tip on the pass. side every now and then right?

I just went and bought the R134 recharge kit from the autoparts store, plugged it in,pushed the valve down on the passenger side until the air was out, and freon was in, then i turned the car on, and cranked it up to full blast, it took 2 bottles for my car to cool... course, i found out afterwards there was a leak, that it hadn't just been replaced like i had been told originally, in which case, i just yanked the whole damn thing out.

so do I need to crank the car and let it run and turn the ac on full blast or should I put the freon in when the car is not turned on? But do I let all the pressure out of the pass. side then put the freon in the driver side or do I do this at the same time?

well it was bone dry but I tried to put in like two big cans of freon and still is blowing hot air. Like I said we hooded up to the driverside tip and put the freon in there while we did that I also held down the tip on the passenger side at the same time. So I don't know if I did it right or what. Do I need to put in more cans? Should I hold down on the pass.side tip while we have the car running and are putting in the freon on the driver side? I just want to make sure I am doing the correct sequence when puting in the new freon. Like I said I don't know if I am just suppose to press down on the pass side tip speraticly or hold it down the whole time I am suppose to put in the new freon?

mustanglouie said:
well it was bone dry but I tried to put in like two big cans of freon and still is blowing hot air. Like I said we hooded up to the driverside tip and put the freon in there while we did that I also held down the tip on the passenger side at the same time. So I don't know if I did it right or what. Do I need to put in more cans? Should I hold down on the pass.side tip while we have the car running and are putting in the freon on the driver side? I just want to make sure I am doing the correct sequence when puting in the new freon. Like I said I don't know if I am just suppose to press down on the pass side tip speraticly or hold it down the whole time I am suppose to put in the new freon?

It's still blowing hot air, becuase you let all the coolant out. you only hold the valve on the passenger side till the freon starts coming out, then you leave it alone... put the car AC on High, put the other can in, poke the vavle on the passenger side while you put the 2nd can in, just to make sure the air is out, but DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN... you wasted 2 cans, because you held that valve open the entire time...:nono:
Good luck:nice:

AAAAHHHH now I see that is the response that I have been waiting for. Thanks man for helping me out :nice: . This is why I love posting here because people here really do help you out. Thanks once again especially to you 93GTWannabe:hail2: !

:rlaugh:

Sorry, I just had to laugh at that....:) Thanks!!!

I assume you figured out how to jump the LPS, so you should be good to go. I think I used 2 1/2 cans on my system the last time I charged it from bone empty. Just keep adding until the pressure is around 30-40 and you should be getting ice cold air!
Scott