PLS HELP AOD Swap - No Reverse - All Forward?

jrnstang

May 30, 2003
Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate some advice and input for people who have completed an AOD swap in a 67 mustang. Everything is completed with the exception of the fianl adjustments to the T.V. cable. I just want to make sure I installed the following items correctly. The T.V. cable (with the weak spring) on the tranny should be pointed upwards and the B&M AOD shifter install kit be pointed downwards. I am correct in assuming that the T.V. Cable at idel is zero PSI and that it should be pointed say towards the truck and not directly north? It should only move forward when you accelerate. Is this correct? Right now I go thru all my gears (PRND21) and the car wants to move forward.

Guys, any help and maybe some pics would be very much appreciated (can send my email address). I have come too far to hand it off to a shop.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm still collecting parts and was planning on using the stock shifter to start and just make a linkage from threaded rod and rod ends so all I can do is attach some links I've saved, hopefully one will help:
AOD lever connector pictures from mustangs photos on webshots
img_2948 pictures from mustangs photos on webshots
TV Linkage Adjustment & Retrofit Page - Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC
Lokar: Stainless Steel Throttle Cable Bracket & Springs
Ford Transmission Swap - Overdrive Transmission Upgrade - Mustang Monthly Magazine"
Install An Automatic Overdrive

If not, here's a forum dedicated just to trans. and AOD mostly, if it's a trans issue they would know why you don't have reverse,
General Click Click Tech - Click Click Racing Forums

Let us know what the culprit is,
Jon