Engine Police oil cooler Plumbing

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a diagram, but did want to mention you will have to use the FL-300 or equivalent (shorter) filter. If you use an FL1A it will hit the sway bar and can easily crack. I saw an SSP that had an oil change at the ford dealer, and they put the FL1A filter on and backing out of a driveway the filter hit the sway bar and dropped 5 quarts of oil in the driveway.

I don't have a diagram, but did want to mention you will have to use the FL-300 or equivalent (shorter) filter. If you use an FL1A it will hit the sway bar and can easily crack. I saw an SSP that had an oil change at the ford dealer, and they put the FL1A filter on and backing out of a driveway the filter hit the sway bar and dropped 5 quarts of oil in the driveway.
Is that the same as the cooler on the explorer?

I don't have a diagram, but did want to mention you will have to use the FL-300 or equivalent (shorter) filter. If you use an FL1A it will hit the sway bar and can easily crack. I saw an SSP that had an oil change at the ford dealer, and they put the FL1A filter on and backing out of a driveway the filter hit the sway bar and dropped 5 quarts of oil in the driveI

Thanks for the reply Mstng93SSP, I noticed that when looking on the internet for information and diagrams that filter was recommended. I saw one diagram on a picture of a 93 ssp and I think that will work once I find my OE hoses that go to the cooler I'll post up some pictures so it can help someone else out. If anyone else does have a picture please post it up. I heard that the 93-95 F150 lightning could also work its a little bit different setup but very similar.

Im not sure limp I haven't seen that oil cooler if its the same.
Its some attachment that goes where the oil filter mounts to the block and the oil filter screws on to it.... Water hoses then go through the attachment.. I would take some pics but the one off my Explorer motor is now recycling itself at the local landfill....

Its some attachment that goes where the oil filter mounts to the block and the oil filter screws on to it.... Water hoses then go through the attachment.. I would take some pics but the one off my Explorer motor is now recycling itself at the local landfill....
I gotcha, well heres an example of what I think came on your explorer

I went out to the parts bin, to be sure the old one was gone (yes it is) so I can't say for sure... It seems like mine was more complicated and the large radiator hoses ran through it, not the smaller hoses as in your attached parts picture...

I went out to the parts bin, to be sure the old one was gone (yes it is) so I can't say for sure... It seems like mine was more complicated and the large radiator hoses ran through it, not the smaller hoses as in your attached parts picture...
No worries I appreciate you checking the setup I showed you was for an F-150 Lightning . The other setup that I have is the original SSP setup I'll take some pictures & post them up.