Fox Polished Novi

• Sponsors (?)

Do it yourself, learn-Its not that hard. Taught myself long ago w help from mansonozz & almostdone and a few other pioneers. =) Hardest part and most important part of polishing is sanding. (remember that). If you need points and tips, ask.
Anthony
FB_IMG_1426589414574.jpg

I would not want to hold my whole car up against the wall or bench mounted buffer and polishing wheel. You must be very strong.

Getting the buffing residue, grit and strings out of the nooks and out of the part will be important.

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW, if you send the blower back to Vortech/Paxton the polishing usually runs $900, granted they disassemble the entire unit and rebuild it with new bearings so it is 100% fresh when you get it back, hardly worth the cost for being shiny if you ask me. If you polish it yourself you need to be very careful not to get anything in the blower or damage any of the seals. The compressor cover comes off and will be the easiest part to polish. The transmission is what is going to give you the most trouble and be more time consuming than anything else

Lots of windex and Q-tips, its a long process, a bit of PITA, but in the end, quite satisfying. It took me 56 hours on the GT40 tubular. LOL

Holy Cow! Polishing with Windex on cue tips? At least tell me you got a air grinder with a buffer wheel for part of it. That level of OCD might require medication. It is also why I swapped the polished upper intake for a ceramic painted one.

Reactions: 1 user
Holy Cow! Polishing with Windex on cue tips? At least tell me you got a air grinder with a buffer wheel for part of it. That level of OCD might require medication. It is also why I swapped the polished upper intake for a ceramic painted one.
LMAOO Of course i do, meant to say to get all the soot and excess polish out from intake, Windex and Q-tips work the best!