Fox Poll: Which wheel do you like more. Black ponies or old unknown wheels?

Black Ponies or old unknown Wheels?

• Total voters

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY
Try to ignore the difference in the profile of the tire, as I can put any size on in the future. For those of you who saw them in the progress thread, take another look. I cropped, resized, and increased contrast a bit so you can better make out the black wheels in the shade.

wheels02.jpg

02.jpg

wheels03.jpg

pipes04.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry,....really I am.
I can't say that either wheel looks good on this car. That freakin roll bar has got to go.....it's so bad.
The old wheels are dated beyond being a good choice, black ponies on a black car do nothing for it. The car needs a cool wheel like a factory turbine. Something shiny, something not so dated.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sorry,....really I am.
I can't say that either wheel looks good on this car. That freakin roll bar has got to go.....it's so bad.
The old wheels are dated beyond being a good choice, black ponies on a black car do nothing for it. The car needs a cool wheel like a factory turbine. Something shiny, something not so dated.
The roll bar is going... promise! lol

I'm kinda limited to what's affordable and available in the local market, because I don't want to put too much money into this car. I don't like that the tire is a lower profile on the ponies, but I don't think that's the issue. Black doesn't come out too well in the pics, honestly. I think it looks alright both ways, but neither really pops for me. Probably silver ponies would be best, but unless I get a direct trade for either set, I'm not going to keep sinking money into it.

Last edited:
LMR used to sell the gray for the ponys.. .probably still do I'd pickup a can and go to town on the pony wheels and of course loose the roll bar

Reactions: 1 user
If it's between those two wheels, then the black ponies. I don't mind the caps but I'm a bit jaded. :)

Oh and throw some big nice 10" Hella lights on that roll bar and go to town! (j/k of course:D)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think you should buy the argent wheel paint from LMR and spray them your self. It’s really easy to do, I think the car looks better with the silver wheels. I agree, black wheels does nothing for it.

Granted, this car is cleaner, and it's been lowered, too. I definitely like the wheels more. You guys are right. I don't think I ever bought chrome anything before this. Just wanted to try it.

1556814105567.png

I'll keep an eye out for an affordable set. Around here, most folks want $600 for them, and there's no way in hell I'll pay more than $300. Sometimes an affordable pair pops up. These were cheap. I can probably get ~$250 or more for each set of these wheels, given they've got good/great tires. So, that would be money neutral. I'm not exactly trying to flip this car for profit -- just trying to enjoy it for a while, and maybe pass it on to a friend's kid -- but I also don't intend to lose money on it. I'm perfectly happy to make it a little better so there's one more decent fox, and happy owner on the road.

Last edited:
Granted, this car is cleaner, and it's been lowered, too. I definitely like the wheels more. You guys are right. I don't think I ever bought chrome anything before this. Just wanted to try it.

1556814105567.png

I'll keep an eye out for an affordable set. Around here, most folks want $600 for them, and there's no way in hell I'll pay more than $300. I can probably get ~$250 or more for each set of these wheels, given they've got good/great tires. So, that would be money neutral. I'm not exactly trying to flip this car for profit -- just trying to enjoy it for a while, and maybe pass it on to a friend's kid -- but I also don't intend to lose money on it. I'm perfectly happy to make it a little better so there's one more decent fox, and happy owner on the road.

I think those cans of argent paint are like $15 a can. I painted my mismatched wheels when I got my car. I sanded them down and smoothed them out with 500 wet and sprayed em. Easy peasy.

8C585A68-B6A3-4F94-A904-A59CB0B1E3EA.jpeg
76AA02A9-FB3A-4A8C-BA5B-822353053EFF.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
hmm... sure you dont want it lost in the mail like the shocks. :D

I will be doing a roll bar in Franky, with the 393 it will need it.
or at the least do a set of stifflers bars.
Do it better than this guy did, and tie them into the subframes. If it actually rolled, they'd just punch through the floor pan the way they're attached.

Last edited: