Pondering 2015 Lineup Options

Do you want the Shelby or the SVO/SVT labels in the new generation?

• Shelby (GT350, GT500).

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • SVO/SVT, Cobra.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Neither--Ford needs to come up with something completely fresh.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Both--I want the SVO/SVT, Cobra, GT350, and GT500 options or any derivative combination.

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

The problem with so many specialty models is that they form competition within the Mustang lineup, and Ford wants to avoid that. This is why we haven't seen an "LX" since the GTS's of the early '90s. You can't make a hot turbo 4 banger that makes anywhere near GT power unless you make it way more expensive than the GT in order to keep it from competing with sales. Then people are going to ask why they should pay more for a car with half the engine just like they did back in '85 when the SVO came out. We cultists loved the SVO's but the public just didn't get it.

Keep it a limited production, like they did with the latest Boss 302. Sell about 1500-2000 a year for 2 years. By keeping the interior bare bones, you save money and don't compete directly with the GT at a similar price point.

Call me crazy (I'm used to it), but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one of these on a Mustang soon.

ST%20Badge.JPG

Ford's calling it their new "Performance Brand" or somesuch. But the Focus and Fiesta are looking pretty awesome, so I wouldn't mind so much.

Attachments

• ST%20Badge.JPG
    ST%20Badge.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 216
I like the idea of GT and ST model options as it adds uniformity and consistence. The problem is it will have to build a fresh reputation. Not that it can't be done, but with already established names such as GT350 and Boss, consumer buy-in might be slow and may theoretically hinder sales.

I like the idea of GT and ST model options as it adds uniformity and consistence. The problem is it will have to build a fresh reputation. Not that it can't be done, but with already established names such as GT350 and Boss, consumer buy-in might be slow and may theoretically hinder sales.

With the right advertising campaign, it will do fine.

How the hell does a discussion about the '15 Mustang devolve in to an argument over which was worse, the II or the early Fox's?? They bith sucked but they were also both the right cars at the right time and they both were essential to keeping the Mustang alive.

I have no idea what the lineup options are going to be, but I damn well know what I want :)
I want a 2015 Track Pack GT with the following options:
  • an upgraded 5.0 (premium only) factory tune with a linear throttle mapping instead of the current progressive mapping debacle
  • Brembo Brake Package
  • 18x10 - 18x12 factory wheels @ sub 25lbs with quality summer rubber
  • Upgraded suspension FRRP adjustable setup with adjustable camber front and rear and Koni's standard
  • 3.73 rear end and Torsen Limited Slip
  • M6 with upgraded clutch
  • short shift kit
  • Recaro's and limited interior accoutrements
  • -600 lb curb weight from the current GT
They can call it anything they please, Mustang III, George, GT, SVO, SVT, Cobra, Mach 1, Mach 2, Boss, Like a Boss, etc... it doesn't really matter to me as long as it looks at least semi-identifiably like a mustang. I just think it would be nice if Ford made a factory GT version for the performance enthusiast.

-Vapor