Pondering the idea of a fox body salvage, lemme know what ya think

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Ok guys, I've been there and done that, I know when it comes to finding some stuff for the fox body it can be a pain, either the dealer has it and it's too much or it's obsolete, then the aftermarket has it and it's too much or it just simply cannot be found or the budget doesnt allow for new stuff. Ive been pondering on getting a fox body salvage going, bringing in fox body cars only, keeping only the good useable parts, from doors and hatches, headlight switches, heat and air controls, interiors and small items such as winshield trim and interior screws, do any of you see this as a sensible idea?? I love my fox body car and know alot of people love theirs too. I'd of course set up a website with invetory and prices, i'd only be able to do business via email for the first part due to my work schedule, plus if you like go ahead and hit me up with what you think is some fair prices for good useable parts, list the part and what you think is a fair price for it,,,,, I plan on making this a reasonable and fair priced business

• Sponsors (?)

stangparts.com or something like that already does this...

BUT the prices are pretty friek'n high... and probably BECAUSE their inventory is so targeted..

Im not saying its a *bad* idea.. in fact I wish someone would do it for a reasonable price.. However, I do not believe it will be lucrative.. thats my .02 cents

emagdnim said:
Tell us all :)

Hmmmm... and create competition for myself??? :rolleyes: Geezz.. you think im an idot :p Just play'n... obviously 93ssp wants the info to himself... right now im just trying to decide wether to give him the quick and dirty version of the business or the long make my fingers tired version.

I thought my dad and I had our own little J/Y going. Between the two of us we own 4 mustangs (I have 1)

One is a project of his, the other is a driver and the 3rd is an 85 parts car. I would love to see a Fox specific junk yard opened up. Because in the future there are going to be hard to find things that no one has. cjpony as something similar but it's not year specific. I haven't heard of any other places like theirs or the one you are thinking about starting. I say it's a great idea, especially for convertible parts!

theres one about 20 miles from me.. tons of foxes.. lotsa 5.0 cars.. even older mustangs.. its just about all stangs and some old hotrod fords.. he sells good GT's and all.. and then he sells bodys.. then parts.. its pretty freakin coo lol

if i could find a job in a fox body salvage yard i would give up my life long profession as a chef. screw the money, the travel. i'd have access to an unlimited supply of PARTS. "what's wrong honey, you're getting sick of wal-mart brand spam for dinner? well i know the money sucks but just look at all these PARTS i have in my garage!!"