Possible Blown Head Gasket

sliepnir16

May 13, 2006
Ok, I have been working on a problem for a long time now. I have went through several tests and messed with sensors etc and am now suspecting engine trouble. I look in the radiator and there are tiny particles of black, but I use grease on my heater hoses and some others to get them on. I have also taken of the throttle body and cleaned out the egr passages which were packed with carbon and on top of all that I had sealing issues of the gasket between the TB and spacer dripping coolant on the valve cover. While it is running, the coolant begins to push itself out at idle and sometimes bubbles come up,until the t-stat opens, but I also have several radiator leaks. The only coolant consumption I have is from the leaks as it loses it very slowly until it gets down past a certain level then stops. The car is running like crap, but not all the time. Some days it will run normal, then others it will bog in low rpms but will eventually work its way through. The car is basically stock other than exhaust and such. I have been meaning to do a compression check, how much would one of the screw in type guages cost me? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)