possible faq/sticky idea(maybe race tech)

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
I have been thinking with all the track info requests we should post up our methods at the track and post it with our combo so others can get a starting point from what works for others.

reply should have: tire press., tire type, method of heating tires (in water box go around it, ect.), launch rpm, shift rpm, shifting style (power shifting/reg. shifting) pleae give 60ft, 1/4 or 1/8 and mph.

aslo list: cam (with lift and dur. numbers to match with what someone may be close too), head type and ported/unported, intake, engine size, gears, power adder.

I will start,

94GT N/A stock w/3.73,pullies,catback,flowtech shorties,14*,K&N: 245x50x16 potenza re910, at 25psi, slight burnout to clean tires, stage at 2,000rpms, powershift at 5,000. best 60ft 2.0 14.3@9x 9dont have slip in front of me)

94GT 125compucat wet kit w/mods above: same tires, same press., stage at just off idle (no purge to let some time for tires to grab), shift 5,000. best 60ft 1.9, 13.1 @ 107.

I have a better 1/4 n/a with alot more mods (in the 1/4 times post/sticky) but that was the only run and the launch sucked along with the 60ft. and this is part of the reason for this idea.

what do you guys think good idea or not, if so post up your info.

thanks,
Greg

• Sponsors (?)

could we just leave it as a thread and let people list the info and make it a sticky later (deleting useless posts later) after a good amount of info has been added or does the sticky faq deal not work that way, needing things to be added in again by a mod?