post diy single turbo builds

GT_green_GT

Dec 31, 2005
i plan on doing all the piping and everything myself. just wanted to see the different routing and headers used. my main concerns are that fact that im trying hard to retain the a/c. and the 351 swap. im just wondering how im gonna get that drivers side header and crossover worked out.

• Sponsors (?)

I havent seen very many 351w turbos in our 94-95s.

Are you cutting and welding everything? I know its not a problem with 302's to keep the a/c....with the 351w you're gonna have to worry about space width wise and still getting down. Check out Rio's old threads on here and look at the BG Kits....pony down also....

oh i know. poneydown has the header and crossover kit. but its 600 bucks. i feel like i can put something together myself at well over half that including flanges v bands and other misc flanges. the battery has already been relocated tho. and im thinking its going to be the power steering pump thats the concern.

Retaining the A/C isn't an issue, especially if you do all the plumbing yourself. There was a guy in Daytona that built Mustang turbo kits, and he usually kept the AC on them.

Kurt