Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

I don't know what your daily schedule looks like, but even in the dead heat of summer, my morning commute to work never gets hot enough that it's uncomfortable.

Now, on the way home from work when it's 95 outside and the sun turns my T-Top car into a greenhouse, then it's just understood that I'll need a complete change of clothes when I get home.

Realistically I'd need a half day at work to take the mustang in. I get the AM child drop off duty so I'd need to take the DD to do that and then go back home and get the mustang. By the time I do all that and get the car and sit in traffic I'm in the office late.

Then I'd have to leave early to avoid 60+ mins in traffic, or 70+ mins taking backroads. That car can handle it....but I don't want to drive the car in to sit in traffic. Defeats the entire point of driving it in

So with fall here, going to plan a few 1/2 days and take it in trying to offset to miss the AM rush and find some nice bsckroads I can take before they get crowded. Off peak is a 35-40 min ride. Perfect

• Sponsors (?)

Early am to beat traffic and get an inspection sticker.

IMG_9486.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Do you talk to that neighbor? I would try to buy it.

Just on a friendly wave basis right now. Will need to stroll over and ask one day.

Wife already notices I am like a dog panting at the window when I take a peek outside at it. I've told her before a '93 Cobra is about the only fox body I'd buy if I were to pick up another.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Wonder why it doesn't have a cobra emblem on the fender.

I wonder why myself. The COBRA emblem on the hatch was there...looks like it was pried off however but you can still see what's left of it. I see nothing that screams fake just yet. It's the right color, which in person is almost orange. Usually the biggest giveaway that it's real.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder why myself. The COBRA emblem on the hatch was there...looks like it was pried off however but you can still see what's left of it. I see nothing that screams fake just yet. It's the right color, which in person is almost orange. Usually the biggest giveaway that it's real.
I like that red been tempted to have the car painted later and can’t decide if I want to respray my stock color just fresh, or have it all redone with that vibrant red.

Realistically I'd need a half day at work to take the mustang in. I get the AM child drop off duty so I'd need to take the DD to do that and then go back home and get the mustang. By the time I do all that and get the car and sit in traffic I'm in the office late.

Then I'd have to leave early to avoid 60+ mins in traffic, or 70+ mins taking backroads. That car can handle it....but I don't want to drive the car in to sit in traffic. Defeats the entire point of driving it in

So with fall here, going to plan a few 1/2 days and take it in trying to offset to miss the AM rush and find some nice bsckroads I can take before they get crowded. Off peak is a 35-40 min ride. Perfect

Ah, I see. I am kind of in the same boat, although going back to my house after dropping off the kids int he AM only adds about 5 minutes to my commute.

My latest project, a calypso green '91 LX convertible. When I bought it in March it had a junkyard nose on it, some wrinkles in the back edge of the driver's fender/front edge of the driver's door and a beat up left rear quarter. The previous owner decided to try to pull out the dents on the quarter with an old sheetmetal screw slide puller. After four or five various tries he realized he was no body guy and quit...after leaving holes from the screw and creating MORE work!

The car is pretty original and complete with absolutely no mods under the hood to the 5.0. It's an AOD car with cruise, power everything and white /titanium leather interior with sport seats. This is the current state after the sheet metal and body work with the first coat of primer/surfacer last week. I was hoping to have it in paint by this week but plans fell through.
IMG_0106.jpg

Reactions: 5 users