Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

• Sponsors (?)

2020 spring 2.JPG
2020 Spring 1.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
Pulled each wheel today and scrubbed the brake dust off using Sonax wheel cleaner. Great product!

A little WD-40 on the engine helps too.

The car shows WILL return.
20200511_134701.jpg

20200511_134740.jpg

Did you use the WD on the plug wires? I have the same ones and they sure like to attract the dust. Maybe this will help?
Car looks great!

Yes, I apply it to everything. Especially the intake and anything metal. It makes the engine look shiny and reduces oxidation.

Does dust and stuff like that settle on the engine and get stuck in the WD-40? Seems like it would attract anything blowing around in the air and get stuck to it. No?

Oh and I’ll second the Sonax recommendation. Stuff is amazing on any wheel type and pad type, even on ceramic brake dust.

Does dust and stuff like that settle on the engine and get stuck in the WD-40? Seems like it would attract anything blowing around in the air and get stuck to it. No?

Oh and I’ll second the Sonax recommendation. Stuff is amazing on any wheel type and pad type, even on ceramic brake dust.
I don't notice dirt sticking to the engine. I apply a very light coat to the engine and I generally avoid dirt clouds while driving. Dirtbags is another story. I like my car clean and dont have any complaints about dirt collecting on the engine because of WD-40 spray.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
That vert sits 'just right'! I just picked up my first Fox Body about 3 weeks ago and have been working to get it sorted. Once I get it reliable, I'd like it to have a stance like this. What have you done to suspension?

Thanks
CJB
Coil over suspension will get that down like that. Sits pretty much like my 86. Although I did bring mine up a touch on the account my driveway sucks and it is dirt.

Coil over suspension will get that down like that. Sits pretty much like my 86. Although I did bring mine up a touch on the account my driveway sucks and it is dirt.

I know coil-over is a great way to go, but I'd like to keep it more simple than that. I'd love to put some 1.5"R & 2"F eibachs on it. But would like to actually SEE that setup on a vert first.

-CJB

Last edited: