post shift kit install problems

rdtavape

Jun 1, 2018
Tucson, AZ
so i got my gears right and moved on to the transgo aode-hd2 install. followed the video to a t and the paper instructions had a few things the video didn’t. did the driver command and drilled a few holes very carefully. got it all put back together and no reverse in R but reverse in D and very weak forward gears IF i go all the way down to 1st with the shifter. Tried to line up the linkage but still all f’d up.

• Sponsors (?)

u know after some thought and some thinking on putting my tranny back together i put the car back on the ramps and took off the pan and saw my mistake. i had put the lever in the wrong groove of the manual valve. so u can just imagine my rush of relief and excitement. took out enough bolts to be able to move it back a notch and laced it all back up. took my room mate with me for the test drive and u know i got it right cuz when we pulled up to the house later he said “ur car didnt do that before!”

Good to hear. I read your post, and figured it had to be something pretty obvious like a connector in wrong spot, but I haven't done much work on an auto to comment. Enjoy!