Posting in poughkeepsie

Tomwas

Apr 28, 2019
NY
Mustang admirer for years, considering a 98 gt coupe with auto and 94k miles... Overall clean and solid needs tlc... Have a gorgeous 90 black c4 I bought last September with 46k miles but it just doesn't do it for me... Bucket lister also but ready to part with it... Will see how the gt works out... I'm 68 so I'm achieving owning those bucket list cars... Holding to find some good advice on the sn95 1 platform... The one I'm looking at...
4.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, test drove it and tranny fluid was dripping on the cat, owner is getting it fixed.. Still need rear shocks and pads all around and a good detailing in out and engine bay. Told him I could do the pads and shocks... Waiting to hear back on the trans fix... Than further negotiate.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the forums.

Looks good. That gold stripe usually means the paint code is a Laser Red "3 stage" The marker lights still have the black rubber so most likely they are originals there. It would be a plus if the brake vents were functional. See if those holes are pass thru, I am sure it wont increase any performance, they just look better and believe me they are a bitch to swap out.

Reactions: 1 user
Test drove a beat 95 in my area last week... That one and the one I'm buying both have the same driver door widow no sealing problem. Rear of the glass has a gap between it and the rubber seal when the door is closed... Saw a thread on adjusting it, will give it a try when I get it...

Could be the weather strip.
Could be that the window itself needs to be re-adjusted. My Window actually goes up a little too far, but not enough to do any harm. It is just noticeable when you put it up because at the end it makes a clunk sound. Since it is doing no harm I have not bothered to fix it yet.

My door hinges need replaced also. The ones on this appear from the picture to be in better condition than mine. When you open the drivers door (That one wears out faster) see if the door moves up and down any.

Was weird that this and the other one I drove both were the same.. I'll try adjusting.. Yeah, is a visible gap maybe eighth of an inch. Would let in a lot of wetness.. Looking forward to getting it home to work on it.. Ordered parts last night from rock auto...

Not sure if I will go with the present rims or not... In my local Craigslist these are for sale for $80 bucks... Like the style, sure can't beat the price. Four rims, three tires.. Even more stock looking...

Attachments

• 00x0x_iudqtZcI9zv_1200x900.jpg
    00x0x_iudqtZcI9zv_1200x900.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 129