Power Band of my Car/Why it does this.......?

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
Just wondering when I drive my car like I stole it, horse it around and get all into it shifting at about 4500-5k it seems as if when i come to a stop and take off it feels so much different when i take off. As if when I take off it has more low end torque and overall the car feels quicker and more responsive. I'm just wondering why it doesn't feel that way under normal conditions but does when I get all into it. I'm mainly talking about taking off too. If I'm at a dead stop and take off it seems like a different car but under normal driving and taking off at a stop it doesn't feel as responsive. I mean overall car still drives strong but I just notice that difference. Drives strong overall moreso when I get into it

• Sponsors (?)

I've always found the same to be true when I've just come off of a long highway drive. The car feels "peppier" down low for a short time afterwards, than it does when I'm driving around normally in town.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the timing advance built into the ECU, but I'd have a tough time explaining it.

I've always found the same to be true when I've just come off of a long highway drive. The car feels "peppier" down low for a short time afterwards, than it does when I'm driving around normally in town.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the timing advance built into the ECU, but I'd have a tough time explaining it.

hmmm I see

I dunno WTF it was I just read but I'm sure it's got nothing to do with being technical. :scratch:
i don't know why it feels like that either but shifting up at higher rpm's 45-5k and not babying it, shifting every gear up that high and keeping the rpm's up, come to a stop and when i take back off it's as if it goes thru rpm's better, smoother, quicker and it's as if the car is asking for that all the time. As if it needs that to get it started and once it does it just feels overall different.

I will further diagnose next time I drive it which might not be till next thursday cause I have to go out of town. I will get back with more info. If I start driving normal after horsing it around say maybe 5 mins later, it as far as I know will be just a little lazier down low and I will have to get all into it. Overall it drives good and strong but I just notice that. Like I said i will confirm when I drive it next and report back

Pull codes then start looking into weaknesses in the ignition system.

Weak coil, less than stellar wires (regardless of how new), and spark plug gap. Several years ago, I had a set of plug wires that would "leak" when they were heat saturated.

Pull codes then start looking into weaknesses in the ignition system.

Weak coil, less than stellar wires (regardless of how new), and spark plug gap. Several years ago, I had a set of plug wires that would "leak" when they were heat saturated.
yeah all those items are new but i get what you are saying. And thru my whole diagnosing months ago when parts were new I didn't get any codes. I went thru about a few wks of diagnosing and pulling codes, ect.