Power in the 05 Mustant GT is AWESOME !!!

Stang2k5

Oct 22, 2004
Power in the 05 Mustang GT is AWESOME !!!

As I was leaving work the other day I turned off the TC casue I wanted to smoke the tires for the first time. I brought the car up to bout 5k rpm then droped it in first -- omg the tires started spinning and it took off like a rocket almost to the point where I lost control. The ass of the car started to powerslide being that I was making a left turn as I did this.

I was scared and very impressed with the power both at the same time. The ass swinging out like that humbled me real quick and I turned on the TC for the rest of the ride home.

ps did I mention I love my car :D

• Sponsors (?)

5000 rpm dump....that'll send her ass around real quick! Must have been hilarious to have been a spectator. BTW: How do you like the Shaker500? Does it rock, or does it need a little!

Stang2k5 said:
As I was leaving work the other day I turned off the TC casue I wanted to smoke the tires for the first time. I brought the car up to bout 5k rpm then droped it in first -- omg the tires started spinning and it took off like a rocket almost to the point where I lost control. The ass of the car started to powerslide being that I was making a left turn as I did this.

I was scared and very impressed with the power both at the same time. The ass swinging out like that humbled me real quick and I turned on the TC for the rest of the ride home.

ps did I mention I love my car :D

Not a flame or anything, but is this your first powerful RWD car? Dump the clutch at 5k on just about any RWD machine & you will boil the tires.

r22tech said:
5000 rpm dump....that'll send her ass around real quick! Must have been hilarious to have been a spectator. BTW: How do you like the Shaker500? Does it rock, or does it need a little!

The Shaker 500 is sweeet. 500 watts is more power than in my home system so I am very impressed :)

svtguy said:
Not a flame or anything, but is this your first powerful RWD car? Dump the clutch at 5k on just about any RWD machine & you will boil the tires.

Yes sir it is. Ive had a 86 and 89 mustang. both were 4 bangers 2.3L engines. Not much power at all. I learned total respect for that v8 after that - im just glad I didnt smack her up :D

Stang2k5 said:
The Shaker 500 is sweeet. 500 watts is more power than in my home system so I am very impressed :)
Thanks, man. I really needed to hear that! I've been losing sleep thinking I made a mistake not going with the 1000, but like you, 500 watts is more than I have in my house! Alot of people compare the shaker500 to the mach460 and go on to say that "it blows". It's hard to gauge the maturity of a poster-I am 33 w/ a wife and 3 kids....I don't think my Country Club neighbors are going to be too kind if I THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-MY WAY HOME( if you get my drift!) That said, I do listen to music very loud occasionally and I hope the Shaker500 can do the job.

JonJon said:
lol you dropped the clutch at 5k rpm on a left turn?
:lol:

don't wreck already guy!! :)

there is a whole sport dedicated to doing just that. drifting is fun, especially after you get good at it. a LSD is absolutely mandatory to do it safely and consistantly tho

stkdidy said:
there is a whole sport dedicated to doing just that. drifting is fun, especially after you get good at it. a LSD is absolutely mandatory to do it safely and consistantly tho
let's not touch this subjet
:nonono:

and btw, he was on a public street. i hardly think that's a good place to drift.

but like i said, let's not get on the subject of drifting. :)

r22tech said:
Thanks, man. I really needed to hear that! I've been losing sleep thinking I made a mistake not going with the 1000, but like you, 500 watts is more than I have in my house! Alot of people compare the shaker500 to the mach460 and go on to say that "it blows". It's hard to gauge the maturity of a poster-I am 33 w/ a wife and 3 kids....I don't think my Country Club neighbors are going to be too kind if I THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-MY WAY HOME( if you get my drift!) That said, I do listen to music very loud occasionally and I hope the Shaker500 can do the job.

Cool. I am 35 with 3 kids also and one on the way. Maybe if I was in my twenties and tryin to pick up babes id go with the 1000 but im not and the 500 sounds pretty dam good to these old ears :nice:

r22tech said:

Also, This should make you feel better about your selection. My teenage daughter tells me to turn it down when coming up our street cause the neighbors will get mad :D