Power Windows Do Not Work

Sulli88GT

Apr 3, 2017
Delmar MD
Hi, I have a 88GT convertible. Factory power locks and windows. Just bought car and the other owner cut out a car alarm. There was only a few wires loose so I connected them back together. They is a few plugs the are not plug in and I believe one is for a relay but I need to see some pics. I have look everywhere in the dash etc with no luck. Have power to the fuse box, the switch on door the only hot is one black by the lock switch. I tested window motors with direct battery power and they work just not hook up to the harness. I hear some talk about a metal box on the starter relay but no real pics of it, which might be a cause. If anyone has some pic of the left side kick panel and underdash on driver side of their relays and the box on the starter solenoid would be great. They are some boxes with plugs and a lot of stuff going on up there. Just need some pictures to put my eyes on. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you. I have seen the diagram and understand it somewhat. But there are some loose plugs I'm trying to figure out. I will post some pics soon. Plus I want to replace all relay and find out what some of the boxes and plugs are that are bolt on under the dash.

New to the Fox had a 87 cougar xr7 before but let her go. Been around Fords all my life, just not after some one else started work and didn't finish. So I'm cleaning up a mess. Pretty much everything works on the car except windows and driver side lock the passenger side the lock works.

Is this the window relay curcuit?

Attachments

• IMG_20170403_191323980.jpg
    IMG_20170403_191323980.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 285
Yes there is 12v at fuse box and the 20a fuse is good. When I turn the key to the acc you can hear the fuse click. I pulled off speaker cover but didn't see anything. I seen the harness going to the passenger door and it's plug up. I've dug every where, I'm about to pull dash but I feel I don't have to yet. It's just chasing wires at this point. But iam all ears

The metal box bolted to the solenoid closest to the strut tower is the power window circuit breaker. It should have 12v on the wire coming out at all times.

The door locks probably have to do with the actuators in the doors ( common problem ). They run on a completely different circuit.

Do you have power at the drivers side window switch ?

There are 6 wires on the pw switch, drivers side, find the corresponding colored wires coming into the kick panel from the door and follow it, I'm thinking pink and black wires/ tan and yellow, I'm getting cross eyed looking at diagrams.

Will do, I still have to figure out them other plugs. I have one wire that is green coming from the door jamb switch that is open hot and have not been able to find where it goes. And the yellowish box and brown/gray box.