Pressure bleeder question

• Sponsors (?)

Motive here, I usually do around 12psi or so.

Others with the motive unit; was yours as much of a pain to get on the master as mine was? I ended up switching the oring on the cap out with one that was a little thinner.

Mine fit well.

However it sucked overall. I mean it works, but I found it had a difficult time forcing air out of some of my calipers. The flow was just too slow. It now stays in the box and I just crack the bleeders and pump the pedal. Quicker to set up and seems to do a better job for me.

Last edited:
I was going to purchase an Ares, as I have some Ares tools and like them.... but some Ares copycat product sent me an email ( ebay) and for $40 to my home I couldn't say no...... It came with two different screw on tops.. I need to flush my BMW brakes with it...... I will try to gravity bleed the mustang first...... It not, I will have to buy one of the flat top bleeding lids....

Last edited:
Mine fit well.

However it sucked overall. I mean it works, but I found it had a difficult time forcing air out of some of my calipers. The flow was just too slow. It now stays in the box and I just crack the bleeders and pump the pedal. Quicker to set up and seems to do a better job for me.
My cap was always difficult, but this last time I used it I straight up could not get that sucker to seal up. Just wasn’t gonna happen. I’ve used it on 4 different foxes, and always cleaned it well afterwards. Maybe the oring had swelled up, who knows.

I can agree, if I have another set of hands I’ll usually just do it the old fashioned way. The power bleeder is nice for the solo jobs though.

It doesn't really matter. 15 psi is the max, but go as high as you like until it leaks between the fitting and the cap. Not something to get too meticulous about.

Kurt

Have the motive hand pump version and love it. Bought it for the 66 brand C car and when I upgraded to front discs and replaced every bit of brake stuff on the car. Took a Mityvac, the Motive and hand pumping the brakes over four days to get decent brakes. The Motive did most of this in 10 mins!

Reactions: 1 user