Pro. 5 vs. MGW Shifter

Crzyhrse said:
Like I said, I can't speak for thr red handle MGW, I've got the Blue Handle MGW. Find someone with a Blue Handle MGW. A Tri-Ax is bush league in comparison. :rolleyes:
It's not that big of a difference.They are pretty much about the
same.Also the red and blue handle on the MGW are not that
different at all.Put it this way the difference between the two
shifters are not good enough too spend 179+ too go from the Steeda
Tri Ax just too have the MGW shfier feel sorry man. :nonono: :notnice: :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah i agree with darkhorse, as long as you have a tri-ax or pro-5.0 in your car, it wouldnt be worth the 180 bucks to get an MGW. All those shifters are pretty awesome in their own right and I doubt there would be a noticeable difference. Being that I had a POS no-name shifter, upgrading made sense. I have the blue sport handle, and with it adjusted to my liking, i have no reach issues whatsoever. Definitely get a T-knob from MGW too (in the pic i posted above)... it looks great and i think i have better leverage with it :)

stangGT97 said:
yeah i agree with darkhorse, as long as you have a tri-ax or pro-5.0 in your car, it wouldnt be worth the 180 bucks to get an MGW. All those shifters are pretty awesome in their own right and I doubt there would be a noticeable difference. Being that I had a POS no-name shifter, upgrading made sense. I have the blue sport handle, and with it adjusted to my liking, i have no reach issues whatsoever. Definitely get a T-knob from MGW too (in the pic i posted above)... it looks great and i think i have better leverage with it :)
Someone has finialy seen the light! I 2nd that :nice:

So does that mean secretly way deep down, you WISH you had gotten the opportunity to choose between the Steeda and MGW if they would have been out at the same time. Or no, never in a million years still? :D

I just installed the MGW in my 03 Mach 1, and its great. I have a pro 5.0 in my 88, and if feels sloppy compaired to the MGW. I hate the pro 5.0 in my 88 now that I have been driving around with the MGW. I will be tossing out my pro 5.0 very soon, and replacing it with a MGW. IMHO, it is worth the money to replace it. :hail2: MGW!

Well call me a loser, selling BOTH of my Steeda's for a MGW shifters.

So guess I am jumping on the non-sinking ship MGW.

As most things Steeda sells, crap..........

Point to be taken, any aftermarket shifter is better then STOCK.

P.S.

Thanks Steeda for chewing up a $30 rubber boot !! (first run shifter in 2001)

MGW RULES !

Cavallo said:

P.S.

MGW RULES !

When it receives the Cavallo "Seal Of Approval" "You can take that to the Bank" as Baretta would say. :rlaugh:

I dont see what the big deal is? :shrug: IMO there is ZERO room for improvement in my pro 5.0 NOW that I have the steeda handle. In stock trim with the insanely short shifter I would miss second gear sometimes due to lack of leverage, now it only happens if my foot gets too quick for my shift. :rolleyes: But even then VERY rarly, not the shifters fault at all. At best the MGW could have as short of through as stock 5.0 with the comfort of the steeda handle (also angled toward the driver), but there wasnt a big difference in throw when i ****ched to the longer steeda handle....my 5.0 is perfect and has 0 slop or play in the shifter itself. I wont switch, but glad everyone likes their MGWs. PRO 5.0 also has patented design that does away with springs and auto matically finds the 3rd gear due to its err design, and well it works. Again only miss a gear sometimes if I let off the clutch too fast, and from what I recall I always get a grind out of it when I do miss. Now im careful that the car is in the next gear (especially in 2nd) before lifting the clutch, and that has slowed me down some, better to be sure than to miss and really waste time and cause damage.

Cavallo said:

P.S.

MGW RULES !
Steeda products are far from junk Cavallo!
As a matter of fact they make some of the best quality parts today! :nice:

Another MGW fan here. Haven't tried any of the others, but it's definitely worth the money. And, if your transmission is centered where it's supposed to be, install is easy.

AmBo said:
WHen installing the new shifter, what is that "RTV silicone" you have to put on the seal? Where can you pick that up? How much do you put on?

You can get in any autopart store and I just ran a single bead all the way around the area where to shifter mounts to the tranny.

IMO, any aftermarket shifter is good. I have a Pro 5.0 and I really like it, but I think it's one of those things you'll never know the difference unless you try it. So until I try a MGW and find out if it is better than my Pro 5.0 I'll stick with my Pro 5.0.