Pro M Fuel Pump Hanger....thumbs Up.

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
I started having some fuel pressure issues a few weeks back, so I figured I had delayed the fuel system project long enough. I ordered the following....

Pro M fuel pump hanger
40ft -06 PTFE fuel hose (probably only needed 35ft, but good to have extra)
(12) straight hose end fittings (had extra)
(4) 90* hose end fittings
(2) 45* hose end fittings
(4) -08 o-ring to -06an adapters for the fuel rails
(2) -06 o-ring to -06an adpaters for the fuel pressure regulator
(1) -06 o-ring block off plug for one side of the fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive 12345 inline -06an fuel filter
Aeromotive A1000-6 fuel pressure regulator
Behind Bars Race Cars fuel rails

I re-used my Aeromotive 340lph Stealth in-tank pump and FRPP 42lb injectors that I already had installed.

I ordered the -06 PTFE fuel hose and most of the fittings from www.anfittingsdirect.com and am satisfied so far.

So first off, one thing they do not tell you about the Pro M hanger is that you have to modify the opening of the gas tank to get it to fit. I wasn't sure how to go about this, because I didn't want to grind for two reasons. One, debris in the tank and Two, sparks flying turning my garage into Hiroshima. So I ended up taking side cuts while keeping my fingers underneath to prevent chips from falling in the tank. This took a bit of time, because this created some sharp edges that had to be trimmed down. I routed my fuel lines right down the underside of the rear frame, underneath the torqueboxes, and down the passenger side floor board, right next to my subframe connectors where my fuel filter is mounted. Then, up behind the wheel well liner, down the side of the front frame and behind my coil overs, and then into the engine bay. I mounted my fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side strut tower. Also, the BehindBarsRaceCars fuel rails still hit the distributor. I had to file the edge of the distributor, and also use a 45* fitting on the rail to clear. I also had to use a 1/2" spacer in between my upper and lower intake, as the fuel rails were hitting my upper without it. I routed the fuel into the drivers side front, looped it around the back of the intake, and then put a 90* fitting on the passenger front towards the strut tower. Hence why I needed a block off for the regulator, one line in, one line out the bottom back to the tank.

So, the main reason I'm giving the the hanger thumbs up is because I was told by the Pro M folks, in their videos and website, that having the hanger with it's same sized return hose would help drivability. I was skeptical, but I noticed the difference before I even pulled out of my driveway. The car is so much easier to drive now. No more lurching or herky jerky. The car almost drives like a stock one again. By watching my fuel pressure gauge, I've noticed under max vacuum that my fuel pressure will go almost as low as 31/32psi. It never did this before, my theory is that the little 1/4" return line was regulating the fuel pressure under low fuel demand, instead of the regulator being able to do it's job, thus the drivability problems under partial throttle. Having a big pump it just wasn't able to flow back into the tank.
gIecZnH.jpg

lTBX2de.jpg

HjLtXbC.jpg

kCk2cyK.jpg

EZL8f45.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So, not only does the car drive smoother, I'm also no longer having a drop in fuel pressure as the boost builds. So I guess the hanger deserves two thumbs up, three if I didn't have to modify my tank lol.

My advice, even if you're not making big power, if you're running a fairly large in-tank fuel pump, build a better fuel system, I think you'll be surprised how much better your car will drive.

Here's a look at how tight the BBRC rails were to the dizzy. It actually wasn't too bad to make it work. Just a little filing, and I had to basically bring my feed line straight up from the bottom next to the power steering bracket.
2OjhI5z.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished upgrading to this hanger and fuel lines today. I to was a bit miffed about the fuel tank modification. I even talked with Chris at Pro-M and it wasn't mentioned. I was able to open mine up with sheet metal sheers. I only ran a -6 return line. I continue to use the oem 3/8" metal feed line. One thing Chris states is to really right size your fuel pump for your motor. Another words don't over do it. I'm running the 255lph pump with a 427.

I've been looking for this thread!! Thank you!!

However, I read through some forums and apparently the stock return line is supposed to spray onto the fuel pump to cool it? No one really answered that so I'm just wondering how is this achieved when the Pro-M hanger's return is lower than the fuel pump? Or is the non-aerated fuel flow through the fuel pump sufficient to cool it if fuel level is below the pump?