Problem solved for 5.4 intake?? turbo setup.

• Sponsors (?)

If i were starting out from scratch id save thousands and get a junk 5.4L DOHC out of a navigator and build that up.

Your really restricting yourself with those SOHC heads. How far are you into your project?

kirkyg

Ive got the motor pretty much done, its what is in my sig, the motor is in my car and I drive it around. I was pretty much just looking for an intake I could use to hold boost and this one also simplifies cooling the air charge. With stock heads I can easily get 600rwhp with the 2 turbos. That is all I'm really after.

PS, I am considering building a pair of FR500 heads and using an aussie intake to clear my stock hood, but then I also have to have more stuff crammed under the hood, external intercooler and lots more plumbing. I have a very good reason for wanting to keep the motor as is and just add turbos. MONEY!! I have it but I dont want to spend that much. 600rwhp and 800rwtq will be enough and I'm sure I'll toast my tranny.

GTblack_00 said:
Ive got the motor pretty much done, its what is in my sig, the motor is in my car and I drive it around. I was pretty much just looking for an intake I could use to hold boost and this one also simplifies cooling the air charge. With stock heads I can easily get 600rwhp with the 2 turbos. That is all I'm really after.

PS, I am considering building a pair of FR500 heads and using an aussie intake to clear my stock hood, but then I also have to have more stuff crammed under the hood, external intercooler and lots more plumbing. I have a very good reason for wanting to keep the motor as is and just add turbos. MONEY!! I have it but I dont want to spend that much. 600rwhp and 800rwtq will be enough and I'm sure I'll toast my tranny.

WOW do you have pictures?? email me at [email protected]

What hood are you using? Do you have the roots style blower on it or you pulled it off and put a regular intake on?

kirkyg