• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Project daily driver progress thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter 5.0Droptop
  • Start date Start date Apr 4, 2008
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Next
First Prev 3 of 4 Next Last

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 5, 2008
#41
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #41
S&B said:
did your overflow tank used to be a bed pan?

It looks like a urinator, from a hospital
Click to expand...

It came wif teh car. I think it was a port o pot.

I want to install a differnt one but not much room with teh twin fans. I may weld me up a nice stainless tube style at work,
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 5, 2008
#42
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #42
I have stainless one, mouted it on the "frame" rail by the battery, it works but I drive my car 2 days a year so dont trust anything I say,

Im just happy that this is Page 2 so i dont have to load all those pix of your lube
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 5, 2008
#43
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #43
PIITB LuBe FTW!
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 5, 2008
#44
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #44
View attachment 323676
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,332
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Apr 5, 2008
#45
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #45
5.0Droptop said:
I did. I just installed all new breaks. It wasnt black though. It was a little dark.
Click to expand...

It's supposed to be clear or honey colored really
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 5, 2008
#46
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #46
It is now.


Im 36 yrs old, do you think I dont know that. ... ... .....
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 5, 2008
#47
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #47
Last time I checked my brake fluid it tasted like seamen, 2 day old seamen
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 5, 2008
#48
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #48
S&B said:
Last time I checked my brake fluid it tasted like seamen, 2 day old seamen
Click to expand...



How,,............................nevermind.
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 5, 2008
#49
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #49
5.0Droptop said:
How,,............................nevermind.
Click to expand...

your wondering how I tasted brake fluid right?

with a straw
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 5, 2008
#50
  • Apr 5, 2008
  • #50
S&B said:
your wondering how I tasted brake fluid right?

with a straw
Click to expand...


Yeah something like that.
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 7, 2008
#51
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #51
S&B your slacking man......
 

SteedaGT9150

Advanced Member
Nov 10, 2004
1,351
59
68
Maryland
Apr 7, 2008
#52
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #52
lookin real good, how many cans or paint and clear did you use total? mine need redone if i dont end up buying new wheels
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 7, 2008
#53
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #53
1 1/2 cans of paint. I didnt do the clear. Just a couple coats of paint and thay had a nice shine.
 

SteedaGT9150

Advanced Member
Nov 10, 2004
1,351
59
68
Maryland
Apr 7, 2008
#54
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #54
thanks man
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Apr 7, 2008
#55
  • Apr 7, 2008
  • #55
No problem

Shake the cans really good and very often. Do thin coats at a time untill you get a feel for it. The metallic in the paint likes to pool.
 

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
1,634
695
204
Cheesehead
Apr 8, 2008
#56
  • Apr 8, 2008
  • #56
5.0Droptop said:
S&B your slacking man......
Click to expand...

sorry my pet beaver is all over my nuts.

ill pick it up
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Feb 11, 2009
#57
  • Feb 11, 2009
  • #57
Since this is my project thread that got derailed heres where I am at with my car.


I installed white face gauges, a gauge cage with water and oil, sfc, short throw shifter, converted to 5lug, done some cleanup on the engine bay, installed mac pro chamber,2 chamber flows dumped over axle,alum radiator,elec fans,3g conversion,optima red top,amp and sub, cd player, alarm with keyless entry.

Thats about it Ill keep updating as time goes on.
Heres some pics for the update.
View attachment 271306
View attachment 271307
View attachment 271308
View attachment 271309
View attachment 271310
View attachment 271311
 

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
1,462
132
114
Toms River NJ
Feb 11, 2009
#58
  • Feb 11, 2009
  • #58
I love your car man!! Simple and clean, i love the tribars. Your car is the reason we own these cars, easy to mod, and fun to work on!


off topic - i need to do a g3, or a 94-95 alternator.. difficult to hook up?
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Feb 11, 2009
#59
  • Feb 11, 2009
  • #59
1990Coupe said:
I love your car man!! Simple and clean, i love the tribars. Your car is the reason we own these cars, easy to mod, and fun to work on!


off topic - i need to do a g3, or a 94-95 alternator.. difficult to hook up?
Click to expand...

Thankyou.

The 3g is easy. There are several tech articles that walk you through it. Im sure theres one here on SN somewhere.
 

89stang1

Stroked and Juiced
10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2008
730
234
74
nj
Feb 12, 2009
#60
  • Feb 12, 2009
  • #60
Shawn keep up the great work that's a Gorgeous FOX!!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Next
First Prev 3 of 4 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
66 Coupe Progress Thread
  • DTCRAWLEY
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
DTCRAWLEY
D
M
Progress Thread mkk50's Progress Thread
  • mkk50
  • Aug 4, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
926
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 22, 2025
Noobz347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Progress Thread 87 T-top slow progress
  • wobbyguy
  • Feb 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
919
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 10, 2025
nickyb
Progress Thread Komo's 1990 GT - Parts Gathering Purgatory & Home Remodel
  • gkomo
  • Sep 23, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 103 104 105
Replies
2K
Views
80K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Monday at 4:28 PM
85GTStangGuy
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?