Project Procharger Update

Old Skooler

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2012
My pro charger install has officially morphed into a big under taking which equals a lot of $$$. I've been bit by the " while your there".

The procharger install went well, the C&S blow through is awesome but we noticed a few things: all wireing grounds power etc is getting old so I had them retire the car, I thought new tune and SC let's replace the clutch, while your at it send the tranny out for a quick refresh, noticed the wrong index plate was on the car and the start wasn't bolted on properly replaced both, fuel tanks looking old replaced that with new Glenn's Performance and SS sump, new pump and return line always included, a little play in the steering new flaming river manual rack MM shaft, original control arms the bushings are rocked replaced that. The list continues from there.

Onto the procharger build and how dissatisfied Iam with them. The head unit didn't fit in the bracket, they sent me the wron pulley happens, then we notice the piping for the intercooler is veryical mount not horizontal, the kit was missing the supports, procharger sent us the proper piping and the supplied blow off doesn't fit, they send us the right blow off and then we realized the intake tubing is for an EFI set up but my kit was to be specificly for Carb. Now we're fabing our own piping. For the most part Pro Charger has been 100% responsive so this isn't a bashing session however this is all time and money for me and the quality of the kit just isn't there. I do have a brand new YSI but I'm saving that for the Dart 363 build.

There's so much more going into this build right now but the cost has exceeded 10k excluding procharger cost. A lot of the things listed above I could do but Realspeed does a great job and they are so meticulous I thought let me get the entire car buttoned up. I can't wait to get it back it's going to be very different but this has gotten out of hand...lol

• Sponsors (?)

It has turned out to be parts of the whole car tranny rebuild, clutch, front control arms, all new wiring, custom piping for the pro charger. They're going through bumper to bumper and correcting years of previous owners crap. A lot of what their doing was on my list of things to fix but just never found time with work and 2 kids under 3 yrs old.

I'm heading over there today to drop a few things off I'll post pics.