• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Proper Mods

  • Thread starter Thread starter jghood13
  • Start date Start date Feb 17, 2004
J

jghood13

New Member
Oct 2, 2003
160
0
0
NY
Feb 17, 2004
#1
  • Feb 17, 2004
  • #1
I want to buy a Zex Nitrous Kit but before I install the kit I want to upgrade the Fuel system, Induction System, and Computer System on my car.

I think a throttle body, mas air, fuel pump, FPR, injectors, and chip would be enough.

If this is all I need what sizes, and brands should I go with.

My car right now has
ASP Pulleys
3.55
mac cold air
MSD
off road H
and Flowmasters
 

red94fiveo

New Member
Apr 12, 2003
1,269
0
0
Wichita, KS
Feb 17, 2004
#2
  • Feb 17, 2004
  • #2
I'd definetely skip the TB and chip for right now. The Zex systems are meant to work on a stock car and definitely on a stock computer. I don't think you need to upgrade the throttle body either, the stock one is more than adequate unless you're making a substanial upgrade in horsepower. Its not a bad mod, but its expensive and in my opinion not something you need yet.

As for the other supporting stuff. I would recommend the MAF, I noticed a hug bang for the buck when I did mine. I'd go with either a C&L 76mm or a Pro-M 77mm. I have a C&L and am very happy with it. Get a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, they work great and are inexpensive. As for FPR, I have an Aeromotive that I haven't installed yet, but from what I'm hearing Kirban seems to be the consensus brand around here. I think you should be OK with the stock injectors for now, but if you want to upgrade you definetely shouldn't need anymore than 24#'s. If you upgrade injectors be sure to get an MAF calibrated for 24#'s instead of the stock 19#'s. Hope this helps some.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Supercharger and What else do I need? 1990 Saleen Vert 5spd
  • AlbertaGolfer68
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
576
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
General karthief
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
185
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
906
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
D
Fuel pump upgrade
  • dkrupp79
  • Jul 7, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
306
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 10, 2025
Scrapla347
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
353
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?