Proud owner of a new mustang!

• Sponsors (?)

Ares67Coupe said:
I traded a 1999 Honda Civic EX swapped for a 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe. Pictures to come and of course more information about the car.

For that, you get an official Marine Corps OOH RAH!

Let me just assure you, being the proud owner of a '68 coupe (probably VERY similar to yours) and having a girlfriend with a '98 Civic LX (no VTEC, but I've driven an Si too) that I drive frequently: you got the better end of the deal!

I'd take my mustang over a civic any day of the week and twice on sunday.

LoL, it is a big difference I enjoy the car already, interior is cherry, exterior is ok except for the passenger door. Which the guy bought me a replacement for, he also bought me a new front valence, a new front bumper, new grill, new trim pieces, subframe connectors, monte carlo bar with the other bar Extrude???, and of course all the old damaged pieces I have too, so I am going to have the paint stripped off the old body and have it reshot, what color I am not sure yet, and when, that isn't a done deal yet either, unfortunetely all money is going towards the reg and my first insurance payment on it, than saving up for the paint job. Everything else good, needs paint job.

I am uploading the pictures right now, but you'll have to ignore the 289 HiPo Air Cleaner decal. It isn't a 289, it is a 302 bored 6 over. So it is something like a 310.

He also gave me all of his reciepts for the past 4 years, and I have all of the Mustang books, original shop manuals and more. So I have proof of the rebuild and all that whatnot.

I also almost have enough parts to rebuild the car too.

AND ONE MORE THING! It only has 37,xxx original miles on it. Not 137,xxx 37,xxx miles on it. :D

Here are some pictures of the dinged door and replaced fender, some interior shots, and motor shots. I already put together about 50% of the front grill, driving lights, and rock shielding. Tommorow I will finish up the front valence, and bumper.

f79ed88b.jpg

f79ed8a9.jpg

f79ed8b4.jpg

f79ed884.jpg

f79ed8bb.jpg

Wow quite a switch! Grats on the purchase! That pedal is a bit more sensitive eh ;) ? Hate having to take my roomie's civic to the parts store when im working on the stang...I swear you need a block of C4 in the back to make it go anywhere :p .

If you aren't mechanically inclined...you will be soon!

-Frank

Much more sensitive, but more fun at the same time. The motor specs are 302 Bored out to 310, Weilend Stealth Intake, Port and Polish Heads, Oversized Intake and Exhaust Valves, Cam @ 218 228 @ 50, 471 lift, 114 lobe seperation, and some more goodies. :)

Oh and I am very mechanically inclined, I did a motor swap, and a BUNCH of other stuff to my Civic before it was sold, so I don't have any problems turning a wrench, besides that I rebuild carbs for a living at the moment, until I am done with school.