Pulled codes 311/314 help me figure this out!

red94fiveo

Apr 12, 2003
Wichita, KS
OK, so put the new MSD dizzy in last night and the car started right up. Anyway, set the timing to about 14* and fp to 42 PSI and took her for a spin. Same crap as before, car feels like it wants to go but something is holding it back. I also have a constant CE light. I took the car to Autozone and they couldn't link up to my computer, so I took it to the shop really quickly. He pulled codes 327 (EGR related), which I expected, since the EGR is gone. He also got codes 311 and 314 which his code reader said were for "Therm Air System not working - Bank 1/ Bank 2". So what is causing this? Anyone have any guesses or input? It would be really appreciated.

My car has ran well/at all for about a total of 3 weeks since the h/c/i in feb., this is getting really depressing!

• Sponsors (?)

Those codes are saying you either don't have a smog pump or you've bypassed it. Basically the computer is looking for it but is unable to find anything. I'm guessing by your EGR code that you removed all the smog equipment. These codes will not make your car run any different. I don't have an EGR or a smog pump and my car use to haul ass (when it had a motor).

311 and 314 are for smog pump , if you delete yours don't worry, CEL light on mine never come on, but when I check mine when engine runing it show up
BUT now I have Tweecer R/T and I can turn that thing off
Go and get one too