Pump Primes, No Fuel At Rail

Newstanger

Mar 19, 2015
Hey folks. New here and any advice or redirection is appreciated. I have a '03 V6 that I got 4 days ago. Ran great until yesterday then died. Engine will turn over but will not run. I hear the fuel pump prime but there is no pressure at the schoder valve. Had a buddy crank it while I was under the tank and could hear the pump for a sec or two after he stopped.
Thought it might be PATS. Disconnected the transceiver and the "THEFT" light sped up so I tossed that. Power going to inertia switch (which I reset just to see) and power going to pump (hence the noise). Any ideas on what next?
Sorry if this was taken care of in another thread. Been searching the last few days... Any help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

How much flow got clogged at once isn't really the issue, the issue is troubleshooting the system. The only serviceable part between the pump and rail is the fuel filter, and at $14 for the Motorcraft part (I think it's like $7 for a brand X) it is the least expensive fix too. Make sure you have the spring clip tool to disconnect the fuel line and then the hardest part is jacking it up and placing the axle stands.

Done. Apparently the person that installed the last fuel pump didn't secure the fuel line to the pump, and it came loose. Dropped the tank, hooked it back up, zip tied it and she fired right up.