Purple import eater is done!

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
She's wet sanded and buffed and back together. pictures suck cause it was overcast here in wonderful southcentral PA yestarday. I think it came out great but the guy who painted it said he wasn't happy with it so he wants to reshoot it this winter. might try a diffrent design any suggestions are welcome, colors, anything. Going to go CD player shopping since the one in the car took a dump, what's a good CD/MP3 player?

• Sponsors (?)

YEAHLOH95 said:
where is bernvile ? :shrug: i thought i lived in south central pa? car looks good i'm just not sure about the front fender ?

Bernville is 12 miles north of Reading, right along route 78 about 30 minutes east of Harrisburg. Big car show at WHite's Harley-Davidson tomorrow in Lebanon

Actually, I really like it...

In your first thread i wasn't feeling it but with the wheels and the pony emblem (nice :nice: ) I really like it.

The fender is a little odd at first but i quickly got over it and it does flow well..

:hail2:

Those colors really do well together. Congrats on finishing it!! Looks good. I am still torn on the front fender too - but like always, just my personal opinion. I did a quick erase on Paint Shop Pro and came up with this. Much more traditional and not as bold. Like I said ... this is a QUICK erase - no blending!

Attachments

• mustang and nimbus 01.jpg
    mustang and nimbus 01.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 121
Project 77 said:
She's wet sanded and buffed and back together. pictures suck cause it was overcast here in wonderful southcentral PA yestarday. I think it came out great but the guy who painted it said he wasn't happy with it so he wants to reshoot it this winter. might try a diffrent design any suggestions are welcome, colors, anything. Going to go CD player shopping since the one in the car took a dump, what's a good CD/MP3 player?

I like your car a lot... as I said before, looks good. :nice:

You should post more pics from different angles.

i think the purple/white two tone is nice and the pony emblem compliments well, the design gets to me though, i'm not sure what would look better. I think it would actually be ok right now if you added some purple accents maybe on the hood or front bumper.

the better pics do more justice than your other crappy pic

donjohn said:
i think the purple/white two tone is nice and the pony emblem compliments well, the design gets to me though, i'm not sure what would look better. I think it would actually be ok right now if you added some purple accents maybe on the hood or front bumper.

the better pics do more justice than your other crappy pic

Like I said in his earlier thread, I think purple stripes from the hood scoops back might look pretty cool. Anybody good at photoshop wanna give it a try?And it does look a lot better put back together. Very nice! :nice:

Thanks for the compliments and ideas... I've been kicking around some ideas I had for purple accents on the hood such as an airbrushed mustang on the hood to painting the scoops on the hood. We discussed ditching the two tone idea and doing a white to purple fade such as the one on the small grill pony. Hell I even considered dropping the purple in favor of a white and blue design. If any of you guys have and photo shop ideas lemme see 'em!

what about like a purple slime effect??? i kinda like the idea... people do flames and lightening but those are for the blues and blacks. for purple what about like, slime! I am the worst photoshopper so i can't even begin to try but i think it would look cool with those colors