putting a 1995 T5 to a 1985 5.0 engine.

I have a 1963 F-100 uni-body truck that has a 1985 5.0 Mustang engine in it and would like to switch the transmission that came with it now, which is a 4 speed with overdrive from another truck. I am not sure what year truck the transmission came off of or what type of ford truck it is.

Recently, I just came across a 1995 T-5 transmission from a V8 Mustang that I want to use for the the 5.0 engine I have in my F-100. My question is, will the 1995 transmission work on the 1985 5.0 engine I have? If so, will it just bolt on? I ask because there is a 10 year gap that I am not sure will matter when the time comes to try and use the 1995 T-5 trans and the 1985 5.0 engine.

Also, the T-5 transmission has some wires that come off of it. I am not sure if the wires are for the reverse or is it part of the computer from the 1995 car. Will the wires make a difference since the 5.0 engine I have does not have a computer?

Does anyone have a list of the parts I would have to have to make this setup work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need the T5 and a bell housing for a 302 along with a cross member, clutch, flywheel, pedals, quadrant, cable, firewall adjuster, and clutch fork. You might also need a driveshaft of some unknown length depending on where the tail of the trans ends in relation to your current trans.

Some of those listed parts can be used out of your current truck but I couldn't say for sure which will fit together and which needs to replaced (fork, adjuster, cable, quadrant, pedals).

If I forgot something, someone will chime in.