Putting the new motor in, some questions

DarkProphet

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Quakertown, PA
Hey guys, its taken me alot longer then I thought it would, but im going to be putting my new motor in the car soon. I have a few questions:
If i set the timing at 5* and keep the spout out, i should have NO worries about detonation correct? Im not running EGR, and i know that that adds additional timing that i cant compensate for. The car will be getting a tune shortly after being completed, so it just has to run until then, and I figured 5* with the spout out should leave me with NO worries. I dont want to blow this motor before I even get it tuned.

Also, im currently running 36#lb injectors with a 255lbh pump. Will these both be adequite for the new setup? (gt40x heads, B cam, crane 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper/lower, powerdyne 9# blower). I was thinking about just using the 6# pulley again until its tuned, again for safety.

Anyone have any inputs?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have an afpr, crank it up and make it fat!

I would have no comment on running without the spout as I have never tried it so I don't know what would happen.

You can go lower than 5 if it would make you feel more comfortable.

Grady

well as far as I know, spout out "locks" the timing in, so it cant be increased. I think it still adds for egr, but thats ok, as long as they BOTH arent being added into the timing. I dont have an afpr, all stock fuel wise except the pump and injectors, I heard that the stock regulator was more accurate, so i decided to keep it and let the tuners play with whatever they play with lol. Thanks for the help guys.